• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

I Died Today - By Duke

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Have tissues... an adopted dog's last day on earth. Incredibly bittersweet and touching. I bawled. :sorrow:

I Died Today. By Duke Roberts.
http://www.robynarouty.com/i-died-today/

oHHCncg.jpg

And I ate a lot of hamburgers. We had a party.

And I laughed.
YPAbO6N.jpg

And I thought about how much I’m going to miss it here.
psH2zh5.jpg

We told jokes.
pkdiMMO.jpg

We were serious.
2OWMqnh.jpg

My friends from next door came to see me. They’re twins. When someone offered them one of my hamburgers, one said, “No thank you. I don’t want to take any from Dukey”.
jvWErCU.jpg

Kristen came to see me. She’s a hoot. She’s my groomer. And my buddy.
8ES0gqD.jpg

While we were waiting for the vet to come Kristen said we were going for a walk. Then someone said, “How about a play in the water at the splash park down the street?” So off we went!
r2nWkwg.jpg

“You know I’m going to miss you, right?”
AJ4BD9X.jpg

“And you too, right?”
Au61WAW.jpg

“I need you to help me watch over my family.”
ggEc1na.jpg

“Did you hear me? This is all I want!”
J9y38ub.jpg

We got wet today.
6oI7Zsk.jpg

We smiled today.
t1zTxAZ.jpg

We felt grateful today.
kFCgQYP.jpg

We broke the rules today.
YIIumUY.jpg

I listened to the kids play off in the distance. And thought about my two babies at home. I loved protecting them.
IBLJzGk.jpg

I relaxed today.
TBAWFtH.jpg

I felt no pain. Even though the tumor grew so big.
eMOtPwq.jpg

I felt the love today.
Akqs4FA.jpg

I said goodbye to my beautiful friend Kira. She “saw” me standing over everybody before the doctor said it was time. I was excited & jumping & happy.
Dm0Vsn3.jpg

Well, I didn’t say goodbye. I said ’til we meet again.
R0FK5Zv.jpg

God, I was lucky. Our time was short. But you both gave me a second chance & we lived it up together. You love when I look at you. I’ll never stop.
ifRtd9U.jpg

Always, Dukey.
Ep1XlCK.jpg

Duke's Adoption Video 3 years prior

What a beautiful tribute. The tears won't stop, but he looked like he was happy during his last day, and he knew love in his life. That makes my heart smile. :sorrow:

What a beautiful tribute. The tears won't stop, but he looked like he was happy during his last day, and he knew love in his life. That makes my heart smile. :sorrow:

Same, he was certainly surrounded by love.

Back