When is it too late to start?

I am actually doing my first UKC show on Friday, so I can come back and compare the experience to my AKC shows if you’d like.
Speaking for myself I'd love to hear what you have to say. I have shown in IABCA, UKC, UDC and AKC. And that's probably the order of my preference. I like IABCA because you sit down with the judge and over their assessment and when it you're finished they hand it to you in writing. I found that very helpful in the whole learning process.

An interesting thing for me is it's the same judges in all the different venues. That's very telling about where the trouble starts.
 
I am actually doing my first UKC show on Friday, so I can come back and compare the experience to my AKC shows if you’d like. I’m mostly going to get more experience in a *hopefully* more relaxed environment for me.
Oh yes, do let us know what you think. I'm almost positive you'll find it a more relaxed and enjoyable environment.
UKC does not allow professional handlers (unless it’s their personal dog I think),
I'm not sure how that works but the big rule is you can not pay them to handle your dog or even buy them lunch for doing it. I have seen some AKC handlers showing other peoples dogs in UKC just to help them out, as long as there's no money involved.
 

Back
Top