What would your reaction have been?

Cferg

Notable member
Me and my family ski in the winter a lot. I usually leave Stassi at home in her crate. But it was later in the season and the weather was a bit warmer. So I took her up with us.

She was in the bed of the pickup in her crate with the cover on. I would go and let her out a couple of times during the day. I went to let her out at noon. And someone had wrote this on the back of my truck.

I was just pissed that someone wrote in the sand and salt on my paint. And I would have to wax the scratches out. But my question is. Did Stassi sound like she wanted you to let her out?😂 Because I imagined she was growling, barking and slamming on the door while they were writing that on the tailgate. I know she has kennel aggression with everyone except a select few.IMG_2106.jpeg

I was secretly hoping the person was waiting in the parking lot. So I could unlock the tailgate and tell them “alright there you go, open that door up and get her out!”

I could’ve left her home alone for 10-12 hrs. Like they probably did to their dog. Right?

When I use to coach soccer and would be gone all day Saturday/Sunday during a tournament, I use to leave Ragnar home. Initially, in the crate and somebody would go let him out for 30-40mins. Then, it got to where he was free range in the house by himself.

Then one day I took him to the fields but kept him in the truck with the windows cracked- cool weather, no heat. On my breaks with coaching, I would go let him out to run and have fun for 20 mins and then back in the truck for 1-2hrs….again.

I can promise you and my wife/kids will back this up adamantly…Ragnar is much happier with me in that truck than he is at home cooped in a crate all day or even free range in the house.

So home alone and bored or at fields in truck with me?? Ignorant people are just dumb.

50AA7D1D-731B-41A9-90C2-53BA80617CDD.jpeg

Next time put a beware of dog sign on your truck.

And I would put another sign saying:

“And to the folks that like to get close and draw stupid messages on my truck? Go ahead this time….FAFO.”

I would have been ticked too if someone touched my vehicle too since I won't even set a jacket down on it. I personally wouldn't put them in the box with the tonno cover closed since I don't know how the air circulation is when they're pretty air tight but people need to mind their own business too.

I would have been ticked too if someone touched my vehicle too since I won't even set a jacket down on it. I personally wouldn't put them in the box with the tonno cover closed since I don't know how the air circulation is when they're pretty air tight but people need to mind their own business too.
I just have a mudriver crate cover on. My crate wouldn’t fit under the bed cover.

When I use to coach soccer and would be gone all day Saturday/Sunday during a tournament, I use to leave Ragnar home. Initially, in the crate and somebody would go let him out for 30-40mins. Then, it got to where he was free range in the house by himself.

Then one day I took him to the fields but kept him in the truck with the windows cracked- cool weather, no heat. On my breaks with coaching, I would go let him out to run and have fun for 20 mins and then back in the truck for 1-2hrs….again.

I can promise you and my wife/kids will back this up adamantly…Ragnar is much happier with me in that truck than he is at home cooped in a crate all day or even free range in the house.

So home alone and bored or at fields in truck with me?? Ignorant people are just dumb.

View attachment 134896
Yep Stassi would rather go to work with me for 12-14 hrs in the truck than stay home with my wife.

Next time put a beware of dog sign on your truck.
I'm not sure how true it is now, but years & years ago a friend who was an attorney advised against this sign. This was just conversation, not legal problems, but my friend had a Rottweiler who was pretty defensive of home and car. He said when you post a sign that says "Beware of Dog" you are basically telling the public that your dog is dangerous. If your dog does end up biting or otherwise come under scrutiny of the law, you have already admitted - via your sign - that your dog is dangerous. If your injured person claims they were minding their own business and got attacked you have basically admitted by posting the sign that you were aware your dog may do that. If you have no sign you can shrug and say, "that's never happened before, they must have taunted my dog somehow" and proceed from there.

The sign I have on my front gate says "Dogs on Premises", which to someone who thinks nefarious thoughts might think twice about trespassing, but lawfully doesn't say anything about me believing the dogs will bite.

Just food for thought. Since this was so long ago, I'd be curious about what an attorney would think of this sign in todays world.

69005141416__72DE45B6-BD1E-4985-AB42-1D1676EAD8F8.jpeg
I have a couple of these on the entrance gate of my shop. I think the whole legal question of wether your sign is admitting your dog is vicious is different from state to state. And if a bite occurs the details and circumstances of the incident are going to be more of a factor than any signage.

The few people that have come to my business uninvited always have a sad look on their face. When they realize Stassi isn’t playing and those signs are for a reason. They probably see signs like mine all the time but the dogs just bark and when they get out of the vehicles the dogs tails start wagging. One guy a few months ago must’ve thought she was just alert barking. But when he tried to open his door and get out she never stopped barking and moved towards him. He closed his door and left😂

We have this one on our gate. Most people don't bother opening the gate to come into the yard unless they know us.
Beware Doberman sign.JPG

I cut the "beware" part off because in this state you are admitting liability. I also added an S at the end of Doberman so people see there are more than one.

Me and my family ski in the winter a lot. I usually leave Stassi at home in her crate. But it was later in the season and the weather was a bit warmer. So I took her up with us.

She was in the bed of the pickup in her crate with the cover on. I would go and let her out a couple of times during the day. I went to let her out at noon. And someone had wrote this on the back of my truck.

I was just pissed that someone wrote in the sand and salt on my paint. And I would have to wax the scratches out. But my question is. Did Stassi sound like she wanted you to let her out?😂 Because I imagined she was growling, barking and slamming on the door while they were writing that on the tailgate. I know she has kennel aggression with everyone except a select few.View attachment 134888
If they actually scratch my truck paint I might be posted but otherwise those type of people don’t bother me. They are just misinformed and don’t really know dogs at all. They can also be glad they didn’t try to let my dog out of his kennel 😂😂😂 Blaze would teach them a lesson in manors 😜

Back