UKC Show - Shipshewana, IN

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Ripley's first evening of showing this weekend went well! Two shows on Thursday night. It was a late night as Guardians didn't go in until 9pm and we didn't get home until midnight.

The first show Ripley was really amped up and was rushed more than normal so she hardly got a chance but it was a nice warm up for their nerves.

Show 2 Ripley did so well gaiting and free stacking. She didn't squirm for her teeth inspection. No competition today for Best Female/Male so she went on to Best of Breed against Best Champion and Best GrCh, our dear friend Marcy and her handsome guy who is the #1 Dobe, #1 Guardian. Ripley won her first Best of Breed at only her second time out for points! Everyone was so excited for her and Derek!! We can't thank Marcy enough for her continued support and encouragement, "don't doubt yourself, anything can happen!" Derek was elated and honored to have won!

Ripley then had her first experience in group for Guardians and has never experienced a dog gaiting behind her. It was funny and cute; she kept thinking the female behind her wanted to play when she sees she's "being chased" by her LOL. Although she didn't place because of that, the judge was so very kind to compliment them both after making placements and said "she will be REALLY nice when she gets it together" Ripley gave everyone a laugh, you could tell she was the youngest one out there and she was having a blast LOL. It was great experience for her and she will eventually get used to it.

We go back to show again today with one extra Doberman for a total of 5 and then on Saturday there will be 8; 3 females, 4 champions and one gch! Our breeder will be there on Saturday and a bunch of other friends so we are looking forward to the Dobe party!

Patience was not her virtue last night. Boy was she amped and ready to go and show.
PXL_20210129_021852719.jpg

Derek and Ripley with their Best of Breed win ribbon.
PXL_20210129_051459069.jpg

The gorgeous warm/cool show coat and neck gaiter is from Teddi Designs by Marcy. Log in to Facebook She has a $20 off special going on right now. Her coats are soooo pretty.

Just admire how poised and beautiful she is holding that stack for that length of time. Really accentuates a Doberman’s regality if you ask me.

That purple coat is PERFECT for her!

Amazing what y’all have accomplished, very impressed.

Ripley's first evening of showing this weekend went well! Two shows on Thursday night. It was a late night as Guardians didn't go in until 9pm and we didn't get home until midnight.

The first show Ripley was really amped up and was rushed more than normal so she hardly got a chance but it was a nice warm up for their nerves.

Show 2 Ripley did so well gaiting and free stacking. She didn't squirm for her teeth inspection. No competition today for Best Female/Male so she went on to Best of Breed against Best Champion and Best GrCh, our dear friend Marcy and her handsome guy who is the #1 Dobe, #1 Guardian. Ripley won her first Best of Breed at only her second time out for points! Everyone was so excited for her and Derek!! We can't thank Marcy enough for her continued support and encouragement, "don't doubt yourself, anything can happen!" Derek was elated and honored to have won!

Ripley then had her first experience in group for Guardians and has never experienced a dog gaiting behind her. It was funny and cute; she kept thinking the female behind her wanted to play when she sees she's "being chased" by her LOL. Although she didn't place because of that, the judge was so very kind to compliment them both after making placements and said "she will be REALLY nice when she gets it together" Ripley gave everyone a laugh, you could tell she was the youngest one out there and she was having a blast LOL. It was great experience for her and she will eventually get used to it.

We go back to show again today with one extra Doberman for a total of 5 and then on Saturday there will be 8; 3 females, 4 champions and one gch! Our breeder will be there on Saturday and a bunch of other friends so we are looking forward to the Dobe party!

Patience was not her virtue last night. Boy was she amped and ready to go and show.
View attachment 115680

Derek and Ripley with their Best of Breed win ribbon.
View attachment 115681

The gorgeous warm/cool show coat and neck gaiter is from Teddi Designs by Marcy. Log in to Facebook She has a $20 off special going on right now. Her coats are soooo pretty.
I am really impressed with your husband getting involved and handling her.
I think that is so wonderful and he really seems to enjoy it.

Just wow! She looked awesome out there and it looks like her and Derek have been doing it for years. :congrats:

LOL, I just agreed with everyone else, so just go back & read them all over again and pretend I wrote them! :rofl:

Seriously tho, Ripley is doing great! And gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Way to go Team Ripley!!! I was hoping Marcy would be at the Alabama show last weekend. I've never met her.

Wow, look at you guys go! She is so cute strutting her stuff out there. I like how attentive she is toward Derek, looking for his guidance in the middle of the second video :thumbsup2:
An impatient Doberman, lol, is there any other kind? :spit:

Way to go Team Ripley!!! I was hoping Marcy would be at the Alabama show last weekend. I've never met her.
She's so very nice and knowledgeable. She's been showing since her childhood. I believe she has been staying close to home this year due to family health issues.

I am really impressed with your husband getting involved and handling her.
I think that is so wonderful and he really seems to enjoy it.
Me too! It's something we can both enjoy together and get out there and make new friends! Everyone is so kind and supportive. We have made so many new friends in such a short time which has been great for us as we are both homebodies usually lol. He's commented himself that he is shocked he is enjoying it so much.

Just admire how poised and beautiful she is holding that stack for that length of time. Really accentuates a Doberman’s regality if you ask me.

I agree, the Doberman stands out. They are such a competitive breed to show in. She's getting better every time. We have been practicing her free stack at home. If you notice in BOB, he went to hand stack her...and she was already stacked so he was like "nope not gonna touch her!" It helps and really makes them pop when they stand like that on their own.

No love yesterday or today. She's doing great though. Our breeder was there with a very talented junior who gave Derek lots of pointers and they looked even better than their previous selves this weekend. Ripley had to beat two other adult females today with experienced handlers so it was tough going already! Both judges said that every female was so lovely and she told Derek that she had to nit pick so it came down to nit picking handling and the only flaw Ripley had was she was so raring to go when gaiting, for two steps she leaned on the collar and lifted herself off the ground. Everyone said their stack and free stack are looking great so now we work on finding the right tweaks to gait her well! We went home with experience!

Didn't help that Derek got called in to work literally RIGHT before going in to their first ring time, so he did great with that stress, I know my brain was scrambled lol. He almost went in with Ripleys show coat on :spit::rofl: All the females were very nice!

Derek's improved hand stacking thanks to junior handler Riley!
PXL_20210130_213025645.jpg

Our friend Morgan finished Journey (the last female) tonight so we were happy to cheer them on! Riley with Keller (in the lead) took Best Female. I'm so proud of how quickly Derek absorbed the new info and they look GREAT in the lineup!
Screenshot_20210130-205459.png

You guys did great and I can see that you had some super stiff competition there.
Derek's improved hand stacking thanks to junior handler Riley!
I would really like to meet Riley one day since she's so good at her age. I have the DPCA National's edition from last year and she kicked butt as a handler.

Back