• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Thinking about feeding raw and ordering this food

Sorry also he's 8 months old so should I still feed him around 2-3% or more then that ?

I read that they should be on chicken for a week or two :) I was definitely planning on rotating meats and things ! We were feeding taste of the wild but I think raw is the best choice for him ! Where can I get all those food ?

Add in some Chicken Hearts, Gizzards and other organs.

Sorry also he's 8 months old so should I still feed him around 2-3% or more then that ?

2-3 % is a starting point, just like the info on the back of a kibble food. Each Dog is different. He might need more since he is young with lots of energy. This is where you have to watch his body and how it looks.

2-3 % is a starting point, just like the info on the back of a kibble food. Each Dog is different. He might need more since he is young with lots of energy. This is where you have to watch his body and how it looks.
Great that won't be to hard :)

The only things I would put in a processor are veggies. Veggies or plant matter needs to have the cell walls broken down. This can be done by the processor or lightly steaming them. But remember heat can destroy amino acids and enzymes.
Part of eating Raw, like in the wild is to let the dog have fun. Like ripping, tearing and chewing meaty bones with meat on them. This is what their teeth were made to do.

The only things I would put in a processor are veggies. Veggies or plant matter needs to have the cell walls broken down. This can be done by the processor or lightly steaming them. But remember heat can destroy amino acids and enzymes.
Part of eating Raw, like in the wild is to let the dog have fun. Like ripping, tearing and chewing meaty bones with meat on them. This is what their teeth were made to do.
Lol Okkkk I tried to give him the veggies only after the processor lol he's wasn't buying it so instead of putting the organ meat in the processor could I do a bit of ground beef or ground turkey with it so he will eat it ?

I will be getting a scale so Ilol have a better idea on how much he's actually eating right now we're testing the waters together lol

Once you do some reading it won't be hard to do.
You can look for Raw food Co-ops, farmers. There are Raw feeding groups on Facebook and Yahoo! Lots of people will help you. We have been feeding totally only for 3 yrs. There are lots of people that have been feeding for 20 plus years.
Would also look for Grass Fed, range free meats with no antibiotics!
Yes our Dobes eat better than we do! Lol

Also you might get some backlash from your Vet. But also most Vets do not get a lot of nutrition classes in Vet school. They bring in the big pet food companies to sell their food and give vets kickbacks to sell their perscription foods.

Awww ya I worked for a vet and would never put that filth RX food in any of my dogs ! I won't tell my vet till he says something about how amazing he looks lol then I'll be like oh well I feed raw hahaha if I wanted to get my little dog on this diet as well how would I do that ?

Awww ya I worked for a vet and would never put that filth RX food in any of my dogs ! I won't tell my vet till he says something about how amazing he looks lol then I'll be like oh well I feed raw hahaha if I wanted to get my little dog on this diet as well how would I do that ?

You can try giving a leg and watch.

Also about Organs and other things to feed. Heart, Kidney, Liver, Pancreas, Tripe, Gizzards, Spleen,

Raw diet day two so far so good !!! He kept everything down wasn't up all night with a poopy puppy :) stool looks good this morning and he's actually happy to eat !

Back