The girls first trip to the beach -- pic heavy!

hrd2gt

Well, technically its Karmas second... the first time she almost drowned when she ran into a pool up on the beach and she didnt realized it dropped down and was deep (funny stuff really) LOL... this time was a bit better, even for Blue who on that same trip with Karma had been slapped with a wave and has hated water ever since..... LOL... yea, I know, I am easily entertained :)

ANYWAYS, I went to visit a lady who I used to train with about 5 years ago, who lives on Galveston, its a quaint lil island...it really has recovered quite a bit from Hurricane Ike, some houses are just beautiful. But of course I am not going to waste your time with pics of that... We took our dogs out... my three that are stuck here in Houston with me, and her three labs, yes we were the crazy dog people on the beach... luckily, that late in the eve there are not many people on the beach, thank goodness, cuz they were nuts... and the wind blew my commands to the ocean!! But they had a blast, her labs CRACKED me up... its pretty shallow a good 500 feet or so..... yes! that far... and lil 2 foot waves were rolling in, and her labs would run out... then as the wave got to them they would jump through it... OMG... was sooooo cute... my poor girls just got hit in the face.. Fate would see the wave, then run back to shore... then run back out.... then back in... Karma tried... I tried to show her how and when to jump... but at the same time Blue was brave and came out too and he is to short and was just getting pounded... LOL so i had to hold him and try to walk out to encourage the girls... well... it was just all a mess and I dressed wrong wearing jean shorts... gah...... ANYWAYS... here are some pics, hope ya enjoy, lol

Bleh...
DSCN3065.jpg

mom your ruining the shot!! damn shadow..
DSCN3064.jpg

DSCN3050.jpg

DSCN3045.jpg

DSCN3044-1.jpg

DSCN3043.jpg

booooo dog!!!
DSCN3042.jpg

DSCN3040.jpg

DSCN3066.jpg

DSCN3062.jpg

DSCN3058.jpg

DSCN3056.jpg

DSCN3051.jpg

DSCN3053.jpg

and the two i consider my money shots...

DSCN3059.jpg

and i just love this one... :)
DSCN3055.jpg

I didnt catch Blue to often because he was avoiding the water, or was behind me in the water, or chasing the labs... LOL... brat!

awsome pics. Cant wait to take Diablo to galveston but it will prob. be next year bec of my baby on the way

Oh wow. That's it I'm coming to visit you! Spock would love that. The last pic of the girls on the beach is just perfect. Edit it to turn it sepia and frame it.

Nice pictures! The girls had a good day.

I never saw any pictures of the beach at Galveston, so thanks for posting. I'd like to see the other pictures you took. I like books about weather events, and "Isaacs Storm" (about the 1900 hurricane) is one of the books I periodically re-read.

Great shots- especially that last one :D Do you think the labs helped get the girls into the water by setting an example?

can't beat the beach for fun :cool:, they just seem to love the sand under their feet , your girls look like they are having a great time and look really relaxed in the water :thumbsup:

Wow, those were great! LOTS of room to run!!! I laughed at "the wind blew my commands to the ocean"! lol I'll bet!! I swear when I see pics like this I always love it but I also wonder how scary is it? I mean, my first thought is the tide will carry them out and I won't be able to catch up with them in time! Kinda stops my heart! lol

I would love to see Blue. Over the weekend we went into town for a festival and at a booth someone was holding an Italian and I thought of you! He was so cute! I hardly ever see them.

Great shots hrd, and I bet that was really a treat for all of them with the heat wave you've been having down there! :thumbsup:

yea, we will def go back and visit her again. Ingrid, my dogs love the water anyways, but I am sure the labs helped because the girls are not used to big waves like that (they are just used to like boat wakes at the lake) but they went out so far so fast, they left mine behind... and as for current MB... gawd, its shallow sooooooo far out... they can reach for like ever... like i said a good 500 feet! the beach is huge tho, i never seen a beach so wide then to have water be so shallow so far. i asked if the oil spill did any damage, and she said no, they didnt get any of it... i was pretty impressed with how clean the water was except for the seeweed which the dogs found entertaining because there were PILES of it, it was pretty deep, lol. the only thing i didnt like was the sand, gawd, their sand is soooooooooo fine, I am used to coarser sand in hawaii, this sand was rediculously fine... you cant get it off you!

Back