The Albino Doberman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's a pretty extreme case Becky. Luckily he ended up in the right hands to help him.

Here is one of the Z boys that came through our gates. Bishop, 2 yrs old, was turned over by his owner w/papers. He had a chronic case of pyoderma (bacterial folliculitis), missing teeth (where his tongue is lying in the pic, 3 missing teeth on one side & 4 missing on the other side), a hernia & food aggression. I wish I still had pictures of him before, but this was after 3 months with us, antibiotics, sulfur baths and surgery to fix the hernia (and neutered was at the same time). The sulfur baths really dried his skin and coat, so we socked him with Vit E and fish oil (and ocassionaly sardines, p.u.)

ZBishop.jpg

I think anybody should have the right to get a puppy if they so chose to and raise that puppy from the beginning of its life to the end. ......

I'm pretty convinced that at least 50% of the people who go out and get a puppy should not have a hamster much less a dog. I don't like the attitude that people seem to have that they should have anything they want - we are not talking about electronics here. :(

I know I am considered one of those "snobby" show breeders - and I'm pretty proud of that title actually ;)

I feel that the odds of getting a healthy well tempered dobe from a byb/greeder are the same as a rescue.

Where do you think the rescues are getting their dogs from???

and most rescue dobes available for adoption do not have health or temperment issues - I feel better knowing that byb's/greeders are not profiting from my purchase.

So true!! Rescues are NOT full of well bred show dogs - LOL! I would love to see the day when rescues and shelters were not full of dogs - rescuers could have an occasional weekend off - and empty crates in their home. I'm guessing that will happen at the same time that there is no longer a huge need for foster homes for abused/neglected children............ but I can dream of a better world for both humans and dogs.

So true!! Rescues are NOT full of well bred show dogs - LOL! I would love to see the day when rescues and shelters were not full of dogs - rescuers could have an occasional weekend off - and empty crates in their home. I'm guessing that will happen at the same time that there is no longer a huge need for foster homes for abused/neglected children............ but I can dream of a better world for both humans and dogs.

You should have caught the news tonight. In Sacramento - people living in tents - one guy they interviewed had worked over 30 years - lost his home and his job - now living in a tent. I "don't" think this is going to get better and it's not just anyone one person's fault... there is going to be an estimated 1,000,000 horses end up in shelters...

You are right Velma. And better snooby that producing dogs for rescue.

It maybe that you have all the best intentions for your Z litter, but what about those puppies puppies etc. And those puppies puppies. With all the health issues that is mostly denied, what are ya trying to produce. Dogs with a curve spine or blind? I don't get it and I'm tired of being nicey nice about it. It's just not right and I can't congradulate people for poor little puppies that look so sad and will have a hard time in life. they are no looking for help to questions. They are looking for congrads and oh how cute. They are cute and they aren't going to have an easy time being on the Z list! If you can't afford a good dog, go into hamsters.....yes, I'm all for that. You just never know what some human beings can inflict on dogs for the buck. They don't care about toplines, don't test for anything, and really can't afford a good health tested dog.......so yes, hamsters would be a good choice. Or I guess, breed Albinos that are mistreated like the poor dog I shared. If that hurts someones feelings.....well too bad. It's the way I feel and I'm not padding their ego today...

And yes, I have bred a few litters. I know exactly where every single one of those puppies are and they have never or will never be in rescue.....or God Forbid bred to an Albino or some dirty backyard or garage. They are loved or they come back here.....and some have performance titles.....or sold limited & fixed. which is most.........because I care about the puppies. My honest opinion.

Becky

This is not directed at the heros that take those dogs and love them....and surely not rescues. We all have had a few that in the long run costs more than the well bred one. It takes a little money to own a dog.

This is directed at those that bring them into the world without one care of the future of those dogs or their puppies puppies.

I'm done....

Becky

Here is one of the other boys. Product of Z to White breeding..... 4 yrs old, hypothyroidism, cataracts (at such a young age), vWF antigen level only came back 11% (likely Affected). Another owner relinquish w/papers.

ZBlake.jpg

I did not foster this one, but he stayed with us for 3 days waiting for further transport.

Lovely huh? If this is what is being produced from this type of breeding, for future breeding stock, the breed as a whole is in A LOT more trouble than I thought.

p.s. if it were for the head connected to the front, you probably couldn't figure out if you were looking at a butt or a chest.

Here is one of the other boys. Product of Z to White breeding..... 4 yrs old, hypothyroidism, cataracts (at such a young age), vWF antigen level only came back 11% (likely Affected). Another owner relinquish w/papers.

ZBlake.jpg

I did not foster this one, but he stayed with us for 3 days waiting for further transport.

Lovely huh? If this is what is being produced from this type of breeding, for future breeding stock, the breed as a whole is in A LOT more trouble than I thought.

p.s. if it were for the head connected to the front, you probably couldn't figure out if you were looking at a butt or a chest.

I've seen a few of that type in rescue - there is no breed type there for sure. I just hope he got a loving forever home.

I've seen a few of that type in rescue - there is no breed type there for sure. I just hope he got a loving forever home.

Yes, he did get a very nice laid back home that previous dealt with a dog with vision problem, He had some respiratory issues the vet ws concerned about that could potentially lead to a more serious issue so a nice low key home was best for him.

Also, I saw the pictures of the albino's that seemed to have vision problems and were borely breed, so I did a little research of my own and found some that you may all like to see....

white_doberman_puppy_card-p13793421.jpg

white_doberman_card-p13735072313366.jpg

WhiteDOBinthesky1.jpg

99018lh_18.jpg

1312361150_98e24abc0c.jpg

doberman_albino.jpg

latte1_3.jpg

Those that are so apposed to my opinions as well as others opinions regarding whites and/or Z factored dobes Don't need to continue to read the threads. As someone apposed to the breeding of them, then what type of thread can I start that no one with whites or z factored Dobe would come and bash us for OUR opinions?

It is indeed time to close this thread. It isn't going anywhere at this point and feelings are being hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back