T minus 7 days until she moves in!

Welcome from Colorado. They grow incredibly fast. Rose was gaining 10 lbs. a month at that age

How exciting! Be sure to take lots of photos since they grow super fast.

She must have moved in by now. How are things going?
We had about a 2-3 commute home from picking her up and she did so so well in the crate. We set up towels in case she got sick because the road to our home has a lot of curves, she chilled out and slept most of it :D
We took her out multiple times through the night but the only times she would pee seemed to be from peeing when she got super excited, happened twice yesterday and once this morning but we’ve been trying to tire her out and be really chill whenever she meets someone, her jumping up on people and biting has been happening less and less and she successfully went potty outside about two hours ago! We’re already obsessed with her, she is so funny and smart and even though she can be hyper she’s not really hyper if that makes sense.
Introduction to cats went so well, she’s curious about them but they’re not a priority for her after sniffing them, if she gets a little too close to them we’ve been engaging with her by either a toy or some light training.

Im excited to continue to get to know her and grow together through experiences.
And she loves her toys! Thank you for asking, we are so happy to have her home

Attachments

• 6344D941-ABF8-41A2-A00E-314A9A892291.jpeg
    6344D941-ABF8-41A2-A00E-314A9A892291.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 4A89D8AE-8DA8-444C-9582-D3B2B00BCB6C.jpeg
    4A89D8AE-8DA8-444C-9582-D3B2B00BCB6C.jpeg
    930 KB · Views: 17
I'm glad things are going so well!

I'm glad things are going so well!

We were too! :scratch:Haha she’s awesome, really smart and sweet and headstrong and great, strong, healthy teeth..
House training her went well, she got it down within the first three days, she knows to sit and wait before going out the door and same when taking her out of the kennels.
She’s not too into other dogs, she’s more of a shy girl but she did get along well with our friends year old German shepherd girl. We were hoping for that cause she has a very calm, mellow presence. We all went on our first hike and that went well, she does pull on leash but we are working on that 🥵 the walk back was way nicer with way less pulling. It’s a process.

Nipping is our biggest issue, we’ve tried redirecting her as well as grabbing her by the collar, then I read here that grabbing them by the scruff was helpful and we’ve been trying that too. Needs work.

Kennel training is going well and she sleeps through the night, and she’s waking up right around the same time my partner wakes up for her morning pee.
That’s our first week entry! We’re trying things and learning things as they present themselves.
One thing I have noticed is that I’ve been so much more present mentally. One of the first things I think of in the morning is “okay how are we burning energy off today?”. I even liked hiking in the morning. She’s a really sweet and smart good girl. We are so proud of all her progress so far.

One thing I have noticed is that I’ve been so much more present mentally.
:D Ah, for me, it was more mental wear and tear :spit: Draining all that puppy energy sure is a challenge isn't it. You'll come up with ingenious ideas, from boxes to plastic bottles to keep them entertained. But seriously, it sounds like she is fitting in wonderfully and making great progress too.

Back