Kaiser2016
Well-Known Member
So did the stitches come out yet?
Not until the 13th. I took the wrap off yesterday like the vet said to do and he started trying to lick it and started walking crazy. It was like he just realized something was wrong! It looked a little raw still. I called the vet and they said to just rewrap until Monday. What a pain!So did the stitches come out yet?

So true!! Im a paramedic so I deal with life threatening emergencies all the time but if it's my family or friends(or pet) it's like I just go stupid and panic!!View attachment 119453
Bacall cut her eye last year and I still don’t know what she cut it on.
She was running and playing with Bogie and never yelped or reacted to it.
I didn’t see it until I was brushing them off for the night and about freaked out.
When it’s my animal I lose all composure and calm rationale.
With other dogs or cats I am professional, composed and take care of it calmly. This is what I am trained to do in school but… don’t let it happen to my animal. Lol
I felt your panic when he came home and could definitely understand your angst.
Just to add to that; there was a house fire 2 houses down a few months ago and when I called 911 the guy told me to calm down and started coaching me on slowing down my breathing!!So true!! Im a paramedic so I deal with life threatening emergencies all the time but if it's my family or friends(or pet) it's like I just go stupid and panic!!
Ah ok, somehow I thought it was Saturday which does seem a bit soon I guess.Not until the 13th. I took the wrap off yesterday like the vet said to do and he started trying to lick it and started walking crazy. It was like he just realized something was wrong! It looked a little raw still. I called the vet and they said to just rewrap until Monday. What a pain!
So close to the eye!Bacall cut her eye last year and I still don’t know what she cut it on.

I just wanted to say thank you, Tropicalbri, for always being so helpful and for sharing all of your knowledge with us. I know that it made me feel better to know that you were watching this thread and would say something or add anything you felt was important. You really give a peace of mind!View attachment 119453
Bacall cut her eye last year and I still don’t know what she cut it on.
She was running and playing with Bogie and never yelped or reacted to it.
I didn’t see it until I was brushing them off for the night and about freaked out.
When it’s my animal I lose all composure and calm rationale.
With other dogs or cats I am professional, composed and take care of it calmly. This is what I am trained to do in school but… don’t let it happen to my animal. Lol
I felt your panic when he came home and could definitely understand your angst.
Get pool noodles and cut a vertical slit in them and attach to the plant bed edging to cover the sharp edges. Just have to make sure he doesn’t eat it.think it might have been this green flower guard thing. Its metal.

Thats a great idea! When we got home from the vet it was already gone though! My boyfriend and mom ripped that thing right out!Get pool noodles and cut a vertical slit in them and attach to the plant bed edging to cover the sharp edges. Just have to make sure he doesn’t eat it.
you could also bend the edges over or replace with a heavy plastic rolled edging.
From running around the house, yes. The back yard, no. Lol. I was walking him around on the leash to go to the bathroom. I decided he would probably be ok to just let him go on his own. Let's just say he had all his zoomies stored up!Are you actually successful in keeping him from running around???
It looks soo much better then it did. I had to take him back last week and they put him on another antibiotic. I really noticed it looking better this past weekend. Another stitch had come out at the top there but it is mostly closed up. The vet said when she took the stitches out some scabs came off to so that might be why it looks open still. It looks better in person. The vet said again today how nasty a cut it wasThat must have been quite a deep cut, it still looks open at the top. Did they say how long it would take to heal up?