Skin Sores and bumps

Carralesv18

Hi everyone, I am desperately seeking help in trying to find out what my senior 9 year old Doberman is experiencing. I’ve tried google search and nothing. She has seen a veterinarian they said it was a skin allergy but after 2 weeks on antibiotics her skin has seemed to worsen. She has large bumps, lumps all over her neck, shoulders, hind legs.. none very much on her abdomen. She is hyperthyroidism and is on medication for about 5 years now. I will attach a picture.

Attachments

• 3C5DF51E-A80D-403C-ACF8-B377D8F61A94.jpeg
    3C5DF51E-A80D-403C-ACF8-B377D8F61A94.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 35
Did you start using any scented products around the house, or even a change of products like laundry detergent?

Looks to be some sort of reaction to "something".....new collar? But you said all over her....something new in her food? Treat? Different laundry detergent? Poor baby.....is she itchy? I would get a second opinion....something is definatley going on with her.

Looks to be some sort of reaction to "something".....new collar? But you said all over her....something new in her food? Treat? Different laundry detergent? Poor baby.....is she itchy? I would get a second opinion....something is definatley going on with her.
The doctors have said it looks like something going on possibly from her thyroid. I haven’t changed anything. She’s at the vet right now they are going to do a biopsy of one of her lumps.

Wow that does look really tender. Let us know what the vet says.

No answers for you, my heart goes out to you for answers though. Please keep us posted on what you might find.

No answers for you, my heart goes out to you for answers though. Please keep us posted on what you might find.
For now vet changed her food to PurinaHydrolyzed prescription dog food. She took a biopsy of her neck. I will let y’all know when I find out more what the masses are. Hopefully nothing, just from an allergy I’m hoping.

I am desperately seeking help in trying to find out what my senior 9 year old Doberman is experiencing.
My son's dobie had something that looked similar. Turned out to be some insect (can't remember what for the life of me) that had laid eggs under her skin 😳

Thank you everyone for your replies. Bella has passed away 12-14-21. She was 9 years old going to be 10 in February. I’m devastated. The Friday before her passing the doctors called me to tell me she had Mast Cell Tumors all over her, considering on how fast they spread on the outside she probably had them on the inside. Within 3 days of the call she passed peacefully in our home with me by her side.

So very sorry for your loss :disrelieved: always so heart breaking to lose a dear friend, my condolences to you and your family.

Oh my….well damn.
So sorry for you.

Y’all are in my thoughts and hope you find peace.

Oh no, I'm so very sorry. :( Run free Bella... :sorrow:

Back