• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Run free sweet Phoebe...

Phoebe's ashes are finally home with us. I'm always really unsettled between the time we lose them and the time the ashes come home since it seems like you can't start getting any closure.

Urn Feb 15 23.JPG

There are getting to be too many of them though... We don't have an urn for Della since we never found her but I keep a photo of her up there. Terrible photo since I couldn't avoid the window reflections no matter where I stood.
Urns all Feb 25 23.JPG

We had to say goodbye to her today and our hearts are shattered...

View attachment 131767

Here is the thread on her journey through this.

She was only a few years old?

May 31, 2020 to Jan 27, 2023 was her lifespan or am I not reading correct and understanding?

Words can't express how sorry I am for your loss here. I get that not all Dobermans will have really long lifespans as compared to some other breeds but good grief.

:(

May 31, 2020 to Jan 27, 2023 was her lifespan or am I not reading correct and understanding?
Yes she was only 2.5 years and it was devastating.
I get that not all Dobermans will have really long lifespans as compared to some other breeds but good grief.
Thankfully this one wasn't breed specific and dogs, cats or humans can get it but it's extremely rare. If you didn't see the other thread when she was sick, it was PLN and there isn't a treatment for it.

Jan I'm so sorry. I know you were just adjusting to Albert's journey. I think Queen Elizabeth II was right. "Grief is the price we pay for the love we get from our loved ones." I hope you continue to be blessed with more love in your life.

Yes she was only 2.5 years and it was devastating.

Thankfully this one wasn't breed specific and dogs, cats or humans can get it but it's extremely rare. If you didn't see the other thread when she was sick, it was PLN and there isn't a treatment for it.

Am reading that now and trying to learn more.

I apologize for the tardiness as I have not logged on for a while, but I can’t read this and not send my sympathies.

I read through the other thread and can’t believe how something like this can come on so sudden to such a young, well cared for dog.

Im sorry for your loss. She was a gem.

When they are so special the memories of them stay with us for ever, and without doubt Phoebe was very special,
Run free sweet little lady :sorrow:

Thanks everyone. This was a year ago but the memory is still fresh in our minds.

Back