• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Run free sweet Della...

Oh man. Saw that thread title and was shocked. Thoughts and prayers for you and your hubs and Albert.

I think I lost my Red boy that way years ago. I know it's obviously hard and you'd like more closure, but (and this silver lining might be hard to see right now) it seems like a pretty darn good way to go – running off after a critter like that! She went quickly in the midst of fun and didn't even realize it.

Our matriarch Dobe has crossed over it seems. You and your hubs gave her a wonderful life!!

Jan, I am sooo sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved, Della. I’m heartbroken for you both :(
I’m wishing you some comforting thoughts as you remember her and the life you shared together.
Give Albert a big hug from me.
We’re all here for you, take care.

I’m really sorry @JanS thats devastating. And hopefully you guys can find her and get closure. RIP Della

Last edited:
Oh Jan. I’m so sorry to hear this. It’s hard to believe. At least she went out doing what she loves to do. She was a special girl and had a great life. She was loves by many here and will always be remembered. I’m sure she found Aria by now and is reunited with Boris. Both wait for you at the bridge.
RIP sweet Della. Run fast and free...

Thanks again everyone... The support from people who understand really means a lot.

Unfortunately we still haven't found her and it just kills me that she's laying out there somewhere. Hubby has combed every inch of this land, every single day and there isn't a sign anywhere.

Thanks again everyone... The support from people who understand really means a lot.

Unfortunately we still haven't found her and it just kills me that she's laying out there somewhere. Hubby has combed every inch of this land, every single day and there isn't a sign anywhere.

Oh Jan, my heart is breaking for you guys. Such an awful feeling. .

Have you heard back from a search and rescue team?

Have you heard back from a search and rescue team?
I actually haven't contacted them because the conditions back there are horrible between the extreme bugs and the heat and I don't want to put anyone to go through that.

Lisa wanted to bring Atticus out to look this morning (she said he has a great nose) but both hubby and I agreed that it just wouldn't be good for either one of them. We so appreciate people wanting to help out...

Jan, I simply canNOT say what I feel. I am devastated for all of you. I want to come there and help you find her.
You have given me more advice and knowledge regarding this breed than I could ever imagine, but more importantly, you’ve always shared such stunning pictures and stories that I’ve just had the goal of getting my Jax a sweet red sister.
I wish there was anything we could do or say. Please don’t go silent! We will worry.
Gosh, you are the first person I ever trusted about my boy, Jax, and you still are. I Just wish there was something comforting to say.
I loved that girl from afar. I shed tears and say prayers tonight. Hug Albert hard for all of us...especially Della.
Bless her precious heart, and May she catch all the foxes she feels like running after...so much love to you all.
I’ve never experienced it, and I simply can’t imagine.

Everyday I hope for some good news here. Hoping beyond hope that she shows up on your doorstep. Not wanting to really believe... :( We are all grieving with you.

Still can’t find her? Makes me so sad. Imagine if we all lives closer? We would have a bunch of dobies and owners out there on the search. My heart breaks for you.

Is it at all possible someone found her and she is with them
That thought has crossed my mind if she did happen to wind up on the road for some reason. But if she did, she had her collar and tags on with all of the contact info and it said she was micro-chipped on the ID tag. There's not much of a chance of her making it that far and if someone picked her up and didn't contact us, she wouldn't do well without her much needed meds. :(

Hubby has been going out searching for hours every day and still no luck.

Thank you again everyone. It means so much...

I had a dog vanish on me. It was my old Golden mix Ayla. She was so old and in such poor condition that she couldn't have made it far. I knew she was gone too. We searched and searched with no luck. It sucked to not have closure, but I knew what happened. As with most things in her life, she did it her way.

It sucked to not have closure, but I knew what happened. As with most things in her life, she did it her way.
That's exactly what we've been thinking too and the Frank Sinatra song has been running through my head for a few days now.

It's been 3 years today and she was just the start of the string of losses. Sometimes it gets to be overwhelming...

Back