• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Rescue puppy has loose stools....

Gosh, I wish it were a better update but he does sound to be very sensitive, to everything. Finding what works is a time consuming, frustrating job. I feel for you. But with all his problems he sounds like he's pretty healthy and happy. I'm sure he knows you love him and are trying to give him the best life possible. :)

Hello All,
Well, as of 4:50 pm Tuesday, Axl has only had two bowel movements today onw was solid the other a little on the wet side. But, is he ever calm. he is now on the FROMM Puppy Gold, mixed with Gastro vet food.

For Meadowcat: He's had Global Pet Store brand-Chicken (on it when I got him), California Natural Lamb/rice, Natural Balance Lamb/rice, Canidea Lamb Formula, Natural Balance Swt. Potatoe/Bison-grain free, Gastro Vet Food, and now FROMM Puppy. All the others so far gave him 3-4 poops per meal, sometimes more. I've decided to go MORE protein, and see what happens...he's always starving. Now, he's done this before with a new food...seems so content and then wammo...pooping like a river. Funny..he looks good. I've posted some pics of him in the gallery.
Let me know how cute u think he is...LOL. Just kidding, but he is handsome.

Man, that's a lot of foods! I hope this one works.

If you want to go more protein, we've had really good success with Orijen. It's high protein and grain free. It's the only one that worked for Shanoa. We didn't have to try quite as many as you, but it was close!

You aren't feeding him any treats are you? If you are, maybe the treats upset his tummy. Hmmm, I hope this new stuff works for you. I know when mine have runny poo, it's from too much food. Are you feeding more than once a day? Hopefully more protein will help put the weight on.

Sorry if these things have been answered, I'll be honest to say I didn't read the whole thread. :)

Sure hope this food works!! Checked out his latest pictures, boy for all his tummy troubles he sure looks good!! Cute as a button and his coat is nice and shiny!! Thanks for sharing those!!

Hi All....Long time.
Well, just a short note that Axl is doing very well on the FROMM Puppy food. He is growing like a weed and filled out nicely. That was just on the first bag. Amazing.
Now I just need to figure out how to stop him from barking at me. Yup, at me. If I stop him from doing something to saying 'time for bed' then I don't go right away, to jealousy of my other dog getting attention..he starts this loud bark and gets worse. And he sometimes looks like he's not joking, he'll even come at you, not vicously, but boldly...the little shit. If u move just slightly at him he runs, but comes right back. It's like a very nervous, anxious bark, starts off like he's just being bold, then seems to turn into untrust...not sure. Tonight he freaked towards a 9 month old female pup on our walk. She was jumping up all over (on leash) and it just sent him crazy...He really looked like he would of attacked. I scolded him, he settled a little, but she kept it up. I should of just left, but I wanted him to calm down and meet her first, in a calm state. They did at one point smell each others nose, and thats when we both parted. And he is just petrified of large dogs...he'll scream if they come towards him.
I was calling him to me when he starts barking...now I'm wondering if I've been praising him for it. Tonight he was a loose canon...but it's also been raining here for almost 2 days and he absoloutely hates it. So tonight was our first walk since Friday. Anyway, I must fix this problem soon, as he is getting big. Rose

Thank you for the update and I'm so glad to hear the Fromm is finally doing the trick for him.

As for the behavior issues, you might want to start a new thread on that in the training section so more people see it.

Hello, just wanted to share my story about Axl. He had a really bad stomach the whole summer. I finally changed his diet to Taste of the Wild Salmon and Sweet Potato and he was doing better, but the gas, which would blow u out of the room continued....So now he gets a tablespoon and a bit of Liberte Organic Plain, fat free, yogart with each meal, and that helped but still a little gas, so I put a big river stone in his bowl and now there is almost nothing. He is doing well, and putting on weight. Looks much better. The only thing now, is I find after he runs around outside I see white streaks in his coat of dander like he rubbed up against a dirty car...you know that white dust you get on your coat? So Im thinking maybe the salmon might be getting too rich in fatty acids....Any thoughts?
Also I actually just started doing this, this week....He's been getting half a can of EVO grain free turkey,chicken....The dander thing started before this.
Im thinking, after xmas to try him on the other protein from the same company and see if maybe he needs the change of protein for his coat.
That's it. Just wanted to share.

Thanks for the update!

Have you simply tried running a smooth bristle brush over his coat every so often to distribute the oils more evenly, and perhaps take care of the final bit of white you're seeing? It sounds like you've covered all of the bases and most if it helped, so it's great to hear what you've had success with so others can get some ideas as well. :)

Ditto on the thanks for rescueing the little guy that nobody else wanted :)
also hello from a fellow canuck, I'm in Kitchener.

Thanks for the update!

Have you simply tried running a smooth bristle brush over his coat every so often to distribute the oils more evenly, and perhaps take care of the final bit of white you're seeing? It sounds like you've covered all of the bases and most if it helped, so it's great to hear what you've had success with so others can get some ideas as well. :)

Hi There, actually I use the rubber brush, and it gets even worse when I run it over his coat....His coat looks like hes oily and dry at the same time. It does settle down after I brush him. I find the only thing that helps is if I put him in the tub and rinse him. He usually gets a rinse, one light shampoo every 8 weeks. It could be the fish food is a little too 'fatty acid' for him...\when he was eating the FROMM puppy food, chicken,turkey,fish, he had a beautiful coat, but lots of stools (8-9) per day, and diarreah, so had to change the food. Now his gut is great but coat is not...:(...Dogs sure are different then 20 years ago. Im going to change the detergent for their beds, change collar to leather, and in the new year try a different protein from Taste of the Wild. Someone on here said they spray Neutragena Oil on coat and rub in, brush out and it works great, along with Flaxseed Oil. Only thing with the flaxseed oil is I have a cousin with cancer and the one thing they can't eat is flaxseed, as it is a estrogen enhancer.

Back