I (we) admire your stacking training and the results!Most of my camera roll is stack photos lately since we’ve been training a lot. We have a big show coming up![]()
I (we) admire your stacking training and the results!Most of my camera roll is stack photos lately since we’ve been training a lot. We have a big show coming up![]()
SUPER!!! Looking forward to your thoughts and stories - rest up first, trialing is exhausting!Yesterday in novice we batted 1000. Today we batted 500.
Is he doing his impression of that grumpy cat that was famous a decade ago or so?I can’t stop laughing at Elroy those lips![]()
Thank you! I try not to post too many and bore peopleI (we) admire your stacking training and the results!
We are pretty far from bored! If you see anything conformation related with Z that we can improve and how you got Remy where he is, we are all eyes and ears! She does great at home, letting me move her limbs around. She does less great at shows, where she would really like to play with an adjacent dog. Some of solving that will just be exposure and practice in show environments, I suppose.Thank you! I try not to post too many and bore people![]()
I’m far from an expert! I just train a lot. Honestly there are many sessions that I didn’t do/get a single stack that I liked… I like to take a video every time we train. I feel like you can learn a lot when watching the videos, plus it’s nice to look back and see how you’ve improved. (I also watch what I’m doing in real time either with a mirror or just on my phone screen.) It helps to see what you’re doing and how that makes the dog look. You’ll also pick up on any bad habits you may have when stacking. For me that’s moving Remy’s rear left leg too far back, usually when it didn’t need to be moved at all lol. I’m more mindful of this now.If you see anything conformation related with Z that we can improve and how you got Remy where he is, we are all eyes and ears!
More exposure should help. Dog shows are a pretty unnatural environment with lots to take in. I’m not sure if you’ve mentioned this before, but taking handling classes will likely help a lot. If you don’t have any locally, I would just train in other environments where other dogs are present. I know someone who does this *outside* of a dog park.She does great at home, letting me move her limbs around. She does less great at shows, where she would really like to play with an adjacent dog. Some of solving that will just be exposure and practice in show environments, I suppose.
Far from bored!Thank you! I try not to post too many and bore people![]()


Zastava Q'd in all four legs of novice nosework yesterday, and got her novice title, so she will run in advanced today. It is very similar to novice, except the scent is now anise, there will be a distraction, e.g. food, and I don't get a wrong call then get to keep going, which did happen for us yesterday. View attachment 155089
The image is rotating for some reason between my gallery and here.

My F3 Savannah cat is called Asha
F3 Savannah cat
We need pictures!My F3 Savannah cat is called Asha

Awwww... she won them over! And she loves them too.?They didn’t think a Doberman was a good choice for our family- because a Doberman…now guess who they just adore as their granddog?!
Oh yes they’re all in love! Pepper is an absolute seal for them so well behaved.Awwww... she won them over! And she loves them too.?Isn't it amazing how they learn to recognize the area?
My Greta used to sit like that everywhere she went. Our Vet had a picture on the wall of her sitting in the waiting with her butt on the chair like she owned the place! She was also the talk of the river when we took her on the boat, Just sitting in the seat, nose in the air, just crusing the river! LOL!Have a seat, Annie!