Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a Miniature American Shepherd. Sure wish they would quit messing with the breeding of these dogs. It’s supposed to be an American version of the Aussie but it’s bred to be smaller (miniature).
It is a distrusting and rather fearful dog after being attacked by a neighbors Pittie. I do think like @Rits said, they can be aggressive with other dogs and people.
I’ve worked with him quite a bit and he has learned good leash manners but they don’t exercise him enough or have him in any sports. He needs a job because he gets destructive in their home. Very bad house manners and they refuse to do crate training.:facepalm::wtf:
It’s a dog that I worry is going to bite someone.
I am a huge proponent of crate training, it’s an integral part of the training process. It’s not trustworthy to have free reign in the house.
Legend is in his crate when he isn’t training, playing or doing environmental exposure. It makes him respect his time out of the crate and I train intense multiple times a day on obedience and trick training, bite work, as well as lots of mental stimulation. When he goes in his crate he settles quickly and will sleep or chew on his Benebones because he is tired.
I don't understand why I wasn't getting any notifications from here. I wonder if people ever look into the overall breed temperament before buying a dog. Do you think that it is possible that most small dog breeds tend to have 'small dog syndrome' causing them to be more aggressive than larger dog breeds?

That is interesting about the crate training. My parents have never allowed house dogs, but I intend to when I have my own dog. I will definitely keep that in mind.
 
Visiting my father in law in Ohio this weekend. Ripley made herself comfortable. She also got to meet father in laws fiancee, sister in laws fiance and teenage daughter. Meeting new people that are friends and learning to make good decisions that they are her friends too wears a puppy out!

PXL_20210529_163025979.PORTRAIT.jpg
 
Say...I've been thinking. Earlier it was mentioned not getting quite as drivey a dog as a beginner, but I really REALLY want a dog with lots of drive. More than I am seeing in our GSDs. Maybe it is the heat...and the fact that my parents have been pretty negative about more advanced training (above sit, lay, and come). I don't know, but I really want a dog that is ready to turn himself inside out to work. Do you think that the Melrae Dobes are up to that?
 
To be or not to be, outside or inside, that is the question. At times a tough choice for a Dobie to make☺️ especially because he can.1E18B9D8-F382-4CB2-9FA6-7944050471F0.webp
Bedja taps his paw on the glass to be let inside. But sometimes when I open he just stays in the doorway, then I may close the sliding door only to hear another tap on the glass when I turn around.
 
I really REALLY want a dog with lots of drive. More than I am seeing in our GSDs. Maybe it is the heat...and the fact that my parents have been pretty negative about more advanced training (above sit, lay, and come). I don't know, but I really want a dog that is ready to turn himself inside out to work. Do you think that the Melrae Dobes are up to that?
Oh that's an understatement. They're ready for any challenge and they love doing it. Just follow Ripley's threads and you can see how much she's ready and willing to do.

Phoebe is too but things have been locked down here since she came home and are just now starting to open up again.
 
Oh that's an understatement. They're ready for any challenge and they love doing it. Just follow Ripley's threads and you can see how much she's ready and willing to do.

Phoebe is too but things have been locked down here since she came home and are just now starting to open up again.
Yeah, we are heading into a three week total lockdown here. I really feel that Shylah could do great things...but my parents said I can't take her outside the yard, and I can only train with what I can find. Now, I found that my puppy who had been well socialized and confident is afraid of having water sprayed on her. For the first time since she could fit in a sink, I decided to give her a bath. I wanted to get the mud off her. Giving baths when the dogs roll in the mud always seem pointless...but guess who is scheduled for more baths?? So, Shylah gets to have a bath until she gets over this fear. And I have spent so much time working on faster sits that now she is forgetting how to pose. :( We'll have to work on that too. Once we have a solid heel, I think she will easily do a sit in motion...then we will work on down...and stand.
 
We had our UKC match today and I was blown over by the turnout since I only expected about 20 people when it's non licensed.
Line of vehicles down driveway.JPG

I had Phoebe entered in both shows but decided not to bring her this morning since I didn't have a crate to bring (it's at the trainers in the Cities) or anyone to help me since I had to help out with ring stewarding. At any rate, I was shocked to see 2 other Dobermans there when I don't always see them at licensed shows.

I know I'm biased, but I think Phoebe would have kicked both of their butts in the conformation ring. ;)

This is a 2.5 year old female with a friendly owner.
Female Doberman stacking.webp

This is an adult male Doberman but I don't know his age since his owner wasn't as friendly. I thought Phoebe was little but these two were both smaller than her as adults.
Male Doberman from rear.webp
 
Wow that's great you had a big turn out @JanS! You better bring her tomorrow. Don't miss the opportunity to get her out there and have fun 😜 I'm sure someone has a crate or the car would be cool enough for her to be in.
 
You better bring her tomorrow. Don't miss the opportunity to get her out there and have fun
Unfortunately it was a one day event. It occurred to me later that the gals place it was at has a fenced in yard and I'm sure she would have been fine if I put her in there since it was within my line of vision.
 
To be or not to be, outside or inside, that is the question. At times a tough choice for a Dobie to make☺️ especially because he can.View attachment 118427
Bedja taps his paw on the glass to be let inside. But sometimes when I open he just stays in the doorway, then I may close the sliding door only to hear another tap on the glass when I turn around.
Sounds like Bedja is honing his cat skills. Lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top