Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been very stressed lately. My father won’t be around much longer and I am trying to plan my wedding in a two month time frame so he can be there. Im sure this stress affects Jasper. He has been such a good boy with his support.

I’m going through the same thing with my Foster Dad. I feel your pain and stress :(
I’ve not been online much due to work commitments and trying to get my Dad the night and day care for his end of life. He’s in the last stages of heart failure and seeing him deteriorate before my very eyes is difficult to deal with. Trying to keep strong for my children, too. Tara’s all out of sorts too :( we always visit him 3 times a week and she rushes in to see him sat his chair and he’s fusses over her but now he’s high up in a hospital bed and really not with it. It’s so painful to watch.
I’m thinking of you and sending you all the love and support in the world ❤️
 
I’m going through the same thing with my Foster Dad. I feel your pain and stress :(
I’ve not been online much due to work commitments and trying to get my Dad the night and day care for his end of life. He’s in the last stages of heart failure and seeing him deteriorate before my very eyes is difficult to deal with. Trying to keep strong for my children, too. Tara’s all out of sorts too :( we always visit him 3 times a week and she rushes in to see him sat his chair and he’s fusses over her but now he’s high up in a hospital bed and really not with it. It’s so painful to watch.
I’m thinking of you and sending you all the love and support in the world ❤️

I am so sorry to hear that! It is incredibly difficult. I have such sad thoughts sometimes that even though I am planning my wedding for July, I may be late. Even when I sleep I have bad dreams of losing him. Pretty crazy how Tara is visiting your dad. Jasper is the same. I swear he loves my dad more than me.

377BC47D-C706-4FE8-B5A9-192303810592.jpeg
 
People really should research their breeds better.
This breed is not a mellow one.
Got a panicked call from my neighbor that her husband is going nuts with Bleu’s chewing, jumping and overall bad behavior and threatened to rehome him.
She has been out of town as her father has been hospitalized with Covid (he is recovering well at 79 yrs old).
She won’t be back for another 2 weeks so she asked me to start training him to save her husband’s sanity. :whistle:

I have let him and Legend free play in the back yard to burn off some energy. He is not food motivated at all and definitely not socialized around people. Very shy starting out but we will work on that.
I would really hate to see him rehomed.
Legend is a bulldozer with him, non stop play and loves grabbing his fur.
Wish me luck.:facepalm:


View attachment 115079
View attachment 115080
Just curious: what breed is Bleu? I'm think a Shetland Sheepdog but not positive.
 
I’ve not been online much due to work commitments and trying to get my Dad the night and day care for his end of life. He’s in the last stages of heart failure and seeing him deteriorate before my very eyes is difficult to deal with.
I have such sad thoughts sometimes that even though I am planning my wedding for July, I may be late. Even when I sleep I have bad dreams of losing him. Pretty crazy how Tara is visiting your dad. Jasper is the same. I swear he loves my dad more than me.
I'm so sorry both of you are going through this. :(
Diva is such a character.
How's that for a camo photo? LOL
 
Just curious: what breed is Bleu? I'm think a Shetland Sheepdog but not positive.
Looks like an Aussie! We have a few friends that have them. Definitely need a job and can sometimes be a bit dog reactive because of their drive.
 
While mopping the floors, I put Kaiser’s mattress on top of his cot so it wouldn’t get wet. He jumped on top and snoozed for what felt like forever. Today, I tried it again. He slept through a whole entire movie! 😀 We watched The Mask. It was a whopping 1 hr and 41 minutes long 😂 but I’ll take whatever I can get! Just look at him.0028A5CE-0A11-4563-BE7E-69B6BB000876.webp
 
Just curious: what breed is Bleu? I'm think a Shetland Sheepdog but not positive.
It’s a Miniature American Shepherd. Sure wish they would quit messing with the breeding of these dogs. It’s supposed to be an American version of the Aussie but it’s bred to be smaller (miniature).
It is a distrusting and rather fearful dog after being attacked by a neighbors Pittie. I do think like @Rits said, they can be aggressive with other dogs and people.
I’ve worked with him quite a bit and he has learned good leash manners but they don’t exercise him enough or have him in any sports. He needs a job because he gets destructive in their home. Very bad house manners and they refuse to do crate training.:facepalm::wtf:
It’s a dog that I worry is going to bite someone.
I am a huge proponent of crate training, it’s an integral part of the training process. It’s not trustworthy to have free reign in the house.
Legend is in his crate when he isn’t training, playing or doing environmental exposure. It makes him respect his time out of the crate and I train intense multiple times a day on obedience and trick training, bite work, as well as lots of mental stimulation. When he goes in his crate he settles quickly and will sleep or chew on his Benebones because he is tired.
 
Albert was posing nicely by the flowering crab blossoms and Phoebe was supposed to be on the right side facing him...
View attachment 118329

But she decided it would be more fun to grab a mouthful of flowers and go chew them up. LOL
View attachment 118330
Yep, EVERYTHING goes in their mouths. Everything is their play thing. :rolleyes: I know they are littermates but really they are twins!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top