Madisonhunt
New Member
Hello everyone!
I will admit I am so confused and torn on the appropriate food and supplements to give my puppy when she arrives.
Side note: I was supposed to get a puppy at the end of this month but an unforeseen instance prevented it from happening. I will now be receiving a girl in April. I am so excited I can hardly stand it.
Anyways, I have seen so many different ways that owners are feeding their dobie puppies. I understand that it’s also based on preference and experience. However, I have no experience with this breed yet. I am torn on food brand, what supplements I should or should not include, whether I should wet her food or leave it dry, toppers, etc. I want her to be as healthy as possible. I’m also unsure of when to start supplements (as I am unsure if there is an age range where certain supplements should be introduced). I have seen some owners use some kind of mass gainer for their dogs? Is this typical?
My current lab mix has always been so easy when it comes to food and i have never had to give him supplements. So, I have not had to worry about this stuff before. I feel like I’m going into this black hole of food options
Help please!
I will admit I am so confused and torn on the appropriate food and supplements to give my puppy when she arrives.
Side note: I was supposed to get a puppy at the end of this month but an unforeseen instance prevented it from happening. I will now be receiving a girl in April. I am so excited I can hardly stand it.
Anyways, I have seen so many different ways that owners are feeding their dobie puppies. I understand that it’s also based on preference and experience. However, I have no experience with this breed yet. I am torn on food brand, what supplements I should or should not include, whether I should wet her food or leave it dry, toppers, etc. I want her to be as healthy as possible. I’m also unsure of when to start supplements (as I am unsure if there is an age range where certain supplements should be introduced). I have seen some owners use some kind of mass gainer for their dogs? Is this typical?
My current lab mix has always been so easy when it comes to food and i have never had to give him supplements. So, I have not had to worry about this stuff before. I feel like I’m going into this black hole of food options
Help please!