PSA Nationals

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
I can't find a list with breeds listed, @Doberman Gang - do you know if there are any Dobes here besides Alissa/Anubis in PSA3? They are streaming live today & tomorrow. Here's the only list I could find:
2023 PSA NATIONALS COMPETITOR ORDER - FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3RD AND SATURDAY NOVEMBER 4TH -
PSA1
1 Garrett Shalbey/ Cairo
2 Ben Winchell / Khaos
3 Kayla Forbes / Dante
4 Dustin Winn / Catbug
5 Ryan Vojtech / Primo
6 Jennifer Bazan / Jefe
7 Alyssa Normandie / Sunset
8 Angela Beckwith / Nala
9 Robin Swanson / Bosch
10 April Hulme / Axel
11 Romario Romain / Moni
12 David Davitaia / Master Ninja
13 Katie Jordan / Joey
14 Tressie Courtney / Reilie
15 Cameron Lauterbach / Liot
16 Dallas Hamilton / Rebel
17 Courtney Robbins / Bang
18 Cameron Carlisle / Jax
19 Fabian Romo / Lobo
20 Courtney Robbins / BAMF
21 Megan Mattingly / Krueger
22 Katie Jordan / Arya
23 John Joseph / Duke
PSA2
1 Lindsey Tkacayk / Aero
2 Erin Ruthven / Ryker
3 Alishia Johnson / Rogue
4 Tyler Peterson / Creature
5 Kim Cerio / Lana
6 Josh Knowlton / Rayne
7 Tim Smith / Good Good Boy
8 Adam Arthur / Metal
9 Bob Manning / Jasper
10 Mark Land / Kjak
11 Janet Edwards / Zelle
12 Sara Slater / Link
13 Katie Jordan / Drogo
14 Chris Smith / Ghost
15 Tammy Thankachen / Knoxx
16 Tressie Courtney / Finnick
17 Janet Edwards / Gekko
18 Jessica Esen / Genesis
19 Kyana Garcia / Ryker
20 Logan Verhagen / Ransom
PSA3
1 Alyssa Normandie / Zagan
2 Darrick Rose / Klassic
3 Max Chardack / Booker
4 Josh Knowlton / Kano
5 Kaleb Lazor-Carr / Juno
6 David Santiago / Opie
7 Jerrid Fulton / War
8 Kyle Murphy / Frankie
9 Haley Duffin / Cairo
10 Alyssa Byars / Anubis
11 Fred Hassen / Musk
12 Kristin Thankachen / Chola
13 Heather Pommerencke / Bandit
14 Chris Altherr / Eli
15 Koi Pham / KP
16 Risa Pringle / Quincy
17 Anthony Stephens / Bronn
18 William Garrido / Rustam
19 Ann Quigley / Patty

Don’t really know many dogs in PSA. Not many Dobermans at PSA 3 thinking just Alyssa’s dog but there might be some doing 1’s or 2’s.

Don’t really know many dogs in PSA. Not many Dobermans at PSA 3 thinking just Alyssa’s dog but there might be some doing 1’s or 2’s
Yeah, I popped in on the live feed a few times yesterday and never saw anything but Mals. And no schedule that I could find so just saw some obedience in 1 & 2, missed the protection. Today I think is 3 only, hopeful for Alyssa to nail it! I know you don't do PSA, but thought you might recognize some names.

Yeah, I popped in on the live feed a few times yesterday and never saw anything but Mals. And no schedule that I could find so just saw some obedience in 1 & 2, missed the protection. Today I think is 3 only, hopeful for Alyssa to nail it! I know you don't do PSA, but thought you might recognize some names.
I just talked to Alyssa, they are the only Doberman at nationals and he is the only one to get his level 2. Hopefully he gets the 3 this time.

Looks like they're coming up in OB pretty soon. I'm watching right now. Good luck Alyssa/Anubis!!!

They got 69 in Obedience, so if I understand right he has to have 75+ to get PSA3 title but: Does he still get to go on to protection later today?

They looked great, he just had a few naughty moments.

On & off watched some protection this afternoon, PSA is one tough sport!!! Just now finished up PSA1, so PSA2 & PSA3 protection events are on Sunday. This is a really long trial, and so much fun if you've never seen bitesports like this!

Last edited:
LOL, talking to myself on this thread, but I'm having so much fun watching today - live protection for hours now. I have sound up and Asha doesn't even twitch her ears at gunshot (several times for each team).
@Cferg - isn't your dog a Benchmark? Maybe I'm mis-remembering. The only Dobe in the trial is Benchmark. He'll be working later today.
@strykerdobe - any interest in this?

@Cferg - isn't your dog a Benchmark? Maybe I'm mis-remembering. The only Dobe in the trial is Benchmark. He'll be working later today.
@Ravenbird No Stassi is not from benchmark. I once started a thread looking for anyone with experience with benchmark dogs on here though. Just thinking about my next dog. Last year when I went to see Joel Monroe, he hadn’t worked with any of their dogs nor was he familiar with them. Even though he’s listed as a training resource on their site. He was only familiar with the west coast breeders.

Just thinking about my next dog.
If you have a minute, tune into FB, Sport Dogs Live. They are about to finish up the PSA2 teams, then a break, then start the 3's. The only Dobe in this huge trial, but it helps to watch a few runs so you can get what they're doing or suppose to do.

What does bite mean? They bit without pressure from aggressor?

The scenario might be that the dog is sent toward a decoy and before he gets there he's called off to a recall. (think of a police dog spotting a running pedestrian rather than the running thief - they have to be called off and re-directed to the thief). If he finishes his attack on decoy after being called off, that's either a points off for that exercise or a zero, depending on the scene played out and the amount of disobedience shown. I'm sure it would all be in the rulebook about points off vs. NP, but that's the idea. In Obedience there are protection type scenes with no biting, showing obedience to the handler even when taunted by the decoy to bite. So when you see Bite in obedience instead of a score, it's a disqualification from going on to the protection phase. I don't know if there is a point limit to go on to protection or if the lower obedience scores opted not to go the next day. The red numbers were the order they went in for protection, starting with the lowest obedience score. The NP is No Pass because you have to pass every exercise (I think there were 4) to get the title. A team may have gotten more total points but failed to complete one of the exercises. Thus, the one with 238 points was a NP but one with 233 got their title.

I still don't know everything and was totally confused watching the first few dogs because I wasn't sure what they were supposed to be doing or not doing. After watching 3 or 4 in a row I could figure it out, sort of. The pressure on these dogs was insane. My hat's off to the dogs, handlers and decoys who do this. One comment said that police K9's are taking an interest in the sport to work on proofing their dogs. The judge in the Protection phase is a K9 officer in Arkansas they said.

Back