1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Orijen puppy food

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by Minionmama, Mar 19, 2018.

1. If you guys don't mind post a few pics of your raw diet meal. Like I said I don't feel like I have the time to prep his meals. Money for food isn't the issue at all and raw food costs aren't a problem either. I actually am a restauranteur so now you have me kinda debating. I just watched the video Grace sent me it has alot of info that makes sense. Maybe if I get a good feel of how your meals look I can always prep it in zip lock bags at the restaurant. We do get chicken breast, ground chuck, veggie etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GOD'S GRACE

GOD'S GRACE Notable member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

In that case, premade raw is a great place to start. I'm not ready to go full raw just yet as I don't know enough about it.

I thought Primal was amazing:
    image.jpeg

Here is mid-grade raw which we were on initially.
    image.jpeg

The latest food is the Canadian version of Primal. As always, the poops tell the truth. His are now the best. Solid and small. Goes once a day. Also found that using a probiotic has helped stabilize the tummy issues.
    image.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GOD'S GRACE

@Kaiser2016 Reading your bag K and I see 15% supplements????...say what you may, this is why I make the food..:)
    I could go on & on...I won't, just saying...:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed! Primal Venison was Kaiser's Christmas dinner. If you recall, it was also when I declared a boycott of venison due to the "heat" nature of the meat. He was way too energetic and I'm not looking for that! :laughing:

Primal brand, however, produced the best poops EVER. I can't ignore that detail since we have been on poop patrol since K arrived. Raw definitely improved his poops but Carnivora has been a game changer. It may just be...the one. The experimenting continues. And, the new freezer is on its way!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. GOD'S GRACE

@Kaiser2016 ... I was really just pickin'....:D

We all have our own methods of feeding which work well for us and I pass no judgements...:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. luckybeemer

luckybeemer Member

What are the colorful cubes in the container?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Ah my cube collection! We shop at Costco and often end up with leftovers that are awesome toppers for Kaiser’s meals. Dark green is spinach. Orange is carrot. Purple is blueberry. Light green is Romaine lettuce. The bright white is coconut oil, less white is cottage cheese. Just blend it up with some water and freeze in ice cube trays. Dogs can’t digest whole veg, so blending is key.

• Like Like x 1
  9. luckybeemer

luckybeemer Member

Awesome. Was working on my list of real food treats today. Adding that to my list. Thank you. Do you feed one with every meal?

10. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

That container represented breakfast toppers, so the evening meal had no toppers at all. Nowadays we are more veg oriented and give only 2 veg cubes but still with the morning meal. I save the fruit ones for snacks but generally try to limit fruit due to the sugar. I eliminated the coconut oil as it often led to loose stools if the amount was too much.