Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Opinion On Letting Your Dog Sleep In Bed With You

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Kay Shaw, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Atingles10

Atingles10 Notable member

Red was extra needy and snuggly tonight. My husband actually just got home and Red and I were already in bed. By the time my husband was on the second stair Red was already up and on the end of the bed waiting for whoever was outside that door 20190929_203824.jpg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  2. I would love to have mine in bed with me he always runs straight to the bed at bedtime and I gotta move him In his crate and he looks so sad lol.

But our bed really ain’t big enough, he’s like a mini heater, and he moves around a lot so it would also be very annoying xP

Either way I make sure he’s as cozy as can be in his bed

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Our dogs have always slept with us once they're old enough to be trustworthy. They do have a few rules like never going above our head since that could be considered alpha and moving back to their spot if they're encroaching our area. They're both good about it and Della sleeps between us, usually with her head on the center pillow and Albert is on the other side of me by my legs.

They've always been allowed to go on other furniture but I did decide to get a leather couch and love seat so it's easier to keep clean and hair free.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

My dogs have always slept in bed. Even from the first night as pups. I found it easier to house break them, they’d be right next to me I’d sleep lightly and feel the slightest stir. As soon as I did, I’d take them outside. Plus it’s great for bonding and allowing a little puppy, used to being with its mom and siblings, adjust to living with you. No wonder pups cry so piteously when forced to sleep in a crate over night all alone. Odyssey is always next to me her head on the pillow, Brinks takes up my leg space and Rio will come up for cuddles but then gets too hot and lays in the hall right outside the bed room on the tile.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

:spit:Your bed must be HUGE!

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I only have a queen but I am a tight sleeper, only taking up a 2’ wide, maybe less space in bed. I think is it from living on a boat from so many years.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

We have a king bed and like our space so... Nope! Sometimes if one of us is traveling, the pooches might get the invite to stay up overnight but otherwise they just snuggle in the AM and right before bed! Recently, Rubie will still opt to sleep in her crate even if given the option. I think she gets chilly with the ceiling fan going

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

I have a king size, but even if I had the largest bed they make they’d still be right on top of me crowding me out!

• Funny Funny x 1