my first doberman puppy

madmoe

Jr Member
hello

i just get my first doberman puppy and its my 1st day age 50 days old i just need your help to know if it's a pure doberman puppy.

but what makes me feel worried when i took him to the doctor he told me that it's weight 2.5 kg I don't know maybe i heard him wrong but could that be !! cause there is a big difference in the weight between what i saw in the forum and my puppy

2.5 kilos., which translates to 5.5 lbs. is pretty light, I think, for a 7 week old Doberman puppy. It still could be a pure Doberman though, right everyone?

Welcome from Minnesota, USA and congratulations on your new pup! He/she sure looks purebred and 7 weeks is still pretty young so they aren't going to weigh a lot yet. Photos always make them look quite a bit bigger than they really are when you see them in person.

Take lots of photos since they grow and change so fast.

Unless you got rooked into a miniature Pinscher, looks to me the markings, shape and paws of a Doberman.

Whatcha feeding the little pup?

Unless you got rooked into a miniature Pinscher, looks to me the markings, shape and paws of a Doberman.

Whatcha feeding the litt

Whatcha feeding the little pup?
that's what i told the dogman breeder did u sold me a mini pinscher 😂
i started feeding him Josera dry food for puppies

He's tiny. I got my girl at 7 1/2 wks and she was 9 lbs and I thought that was small. Hopefully now that he doesn't have to compete for food he'll flourish and look amazing!

Looks like a Doberman to me! As mentioned already, they can arrive very light weight but put on size and weight once there is full attention in a new home. If your puppy is happy and active and playful then most likely all is well and it will catch up to standards. Congratulations on your new pup!

Hello from Idaho!

Flint was 13lbs when I picked him up at 8 weeks, I think. His sister was the runt and weighed about 9lbs at the same age and she was literally half as tall. It looks like a doberman to me though. Congratulations on your new puppy!

Looks like a Doberman to me! As mentioned already, they can arrive very light weight but put on size and weight once there is full attention in a new home. If your puppy is happy and active and playful then most likely all is well and it will catch up to standards. Congratulations on your new pup!
thanks a lot

He's so adorable! I agree with everyone else- he definitely looks pure dobie with those parents. Mine was pretty small when I got him at 8.5 weeks, don't remember the exact amount- but at that age, they will put on weight like crazy every week! So I'm sure you will see it soon.

Back