Kali got rolled by two coyotes....and survived

Gelcoater

Expert ThreadCrapper
$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
She’s a lucky girl!
I hope she starts keeping a tighter pattern to her people after this.
Our coyotes are having a thick year.
2 on my street a week and a half ago, nice coats, thick and well fed.
Pretty positive they followed home my across the street neighbor that walks his two little white fluff balls about 10 or so.
These coyotes were much healthier than most we see around here.

MyBuddy

Hot Topics Subscriber
She’s a lucky girl!
I hope she starts keeping a tighter pattern to her people after this.
We were all very lucky that day. Every time I think about it my stomach drops. It could have ended very badly. She was in the barn and two seconds later, she's out back. You know how fast she is! I think she saw them and went for the chase. Maybe thinking they were a dog? I'm kind of hoping that if she ever sees them again, she'll be afraid and stick close to me. I don't go out there without her e-collar on now. That alone makes her stick close to me. She is collar savvy. 😉 And when when we do take a walk to the back of the property I always carry my firearm. And we stay away from the woods on the other side of the pasture. Just stay on the open side.

I had a thought the other day that if she saw them and was scared, would she run back to the house instead of to me. That might put her in a bad position. But with her e collar on, all I got to do is call her and she'll be back to me. Worse case, use the collar button. In any event my head is on swivel and when I can't watch her I don't bring her out.

MyBuddy

Hot Topics Subscriber
on my street a week and a half ago, nice coats, thick and well fed.
I find from people who post on here about wildlife in their neighborhoods that they are much more used to people in the city atmosphere. Out here they are pretty skittish. I actually think me calling screaming for Kali scared them off. I'm kinda hoping for one to come here and look me in the eye. :guns:

Max Hawk

Hot Topics Subscriber
I kept reading the caption and really didn't realize what had gone on! Holy cow she was so darn lucky! I cried as I read it because it's an amazing story and it's a miracle she got away! We used to see quite a few here and hear them all the time but not so much anymore. So I guess that's a good thing. I really rather enjoy having them around though. They have never bothered the dogs but a deer attacked Max once and i believe it was the same doe that nearly killed our neighbors little Jack Russel! So ya just never know!