• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

I'm so excited!

bomary

Hot Topics Subscriber
I probably need to get a life if this is the most exciting thing for me in a while, but....
I think I just persuaded someone to adopt!!...or at least consider it strongly. It was a man in Petsmart. He was admiring Jax and came to talk to me...really at first just to meet Jax, but he then told me he has been considering a Dobe for a couple of years and asked about Jax's breeder. I told him I am not proud of where I got my boy (of course I'm proud of HIM) and that I would never do that again. We started talking about BYB, etc., and then I mentioned the rescue I have come to know. He said, "You know, I never really realized there were rescues solely for a certain breed; that is something I'd look into." He kept saying that he just assumed to get a "balanced" and beautiful Doberman, he would need to really research the local (TX/OK) breeders, etc. I told him (as he just played and oohed over Jax) that a Dobe just as "good" as my boy is waiting in a rescue right now.
He is going to do the application and was very excited to know about getting accepted first and not having to commit right at that moment, knowing a bit about the dogs, and really learning about the breed. Yay! I know I didn't save the world (or the breed), but it made me happy to share what I have learned.

He is going to do the application and was very excited to know about getting accepted first and not having to commit right at that moment, knowing a bit about the dogs, and really learning about the breed. Yay! I know I didn't save the world (or the breed), but it made me happy to share what I have learned.
As they say, "One dog at a time". :D Great job on getting him to do his research and help out a dog in need! :thumbsup2:

That's great news! If he is able to get him you'll have to be sure to give him the link for this place so we can follow his journey. ;)

Wonderful news! I think I will get a rescue dobie after my Rskie crosses the rainbow bridge, but I'm still hoping that won't be for a long time!! I went with a pup this time to gather some breed experience that I know the rescues like to see on applications.

You should be excited! What particular rescue did you refer him to? I'm in Arkansas and after the heartbreak of the loss of Zeke lessens a bit would like to look into another rescue. I'm looking into rescues within 500 miles.
I probably need to get a life if this is the most exciting thing for me in a while, but....
I think I just persuaded someone to adopt!!...or at least consider it strongly. It was a man in Petsmart. He was admiring Jax and came to talk to me...really at first just to meet Jax, but he then told me he has been considering a Dobe for a couple of years and asked about Jax's breeder. I told him I am not proud of where I got my boy (of course I'm proud of HIM) and that I would never do that again. We started talking about BYB, etc., and then I mentioned the rescue I have come to know. He said, "You know, I never really realized there were rescues solely for a certain breed; that is something I'd look into." He kept saying that he just assumed to get a "balanced" and beautiful Doberman, he would need to really research the local (TX/OK) breeders, etc. I told him (as he just played and oohed over Jax) that a Dobe just as "good" as my boy is waiting in a rescue right now.

Back