Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

I reaaally hope he remembers me :(

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Apollo's Dobermom, May 10, 2017.

1. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

@Oh Little Oji Is that because young unmarried males are more likely to be a liability?

2. Tropicalbri's

Wow @Apollo's Dobermom your post sparked a lot of good conversation. I apologize if it was a bit derailed.
    Just know we are thinking about you and Apollo and hope the very best for you two being rejoined quickly!!

3. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That's the supposed reason. I know that I certainly was not a higher risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tropicalbri's

Preconceived opinions based on the actions of a few make it difficult for the many that are responsible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I specifically asked the managers if someone reported me and they said no. Yes, Apollo had some issues with aggression earlier on BUT that was never at anyone I live near! It was always when we went to Petsmart! Usually, he is only downstairs/outside of my apartment for very short periods of time just to use the bathroom. I take him to other places for daily exercise such as hiking and petstores. Those were the main places he had issues at. Or from the inside of my car if we would drive past certain people/dogs. He never had any issues with my neighbors or people from my building.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah...he is actually 11 months old now.. I brought him home when he was 3 months old and everyone WATCHED him grow. They all knew him since day 1....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I hate to sound cliche but,

Sometimes in life one door has to close so another may open.

Life is what you make of it.

:martini: Cheers.
    Here's to opening a new door and making it great.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. This is what I have to say to them:

IMG_1433.JPG

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Bri hit the nail on the head as far as evictions in our state. You could let someone come stay at your house for the weekend and if they have a duffel bag of their personal belongings they can technically not be forced to leave, a police officer told me this when I was going through the process of removing a belligerent boyfriend from my house. No lease, no mail, no agreements, no license address change, nothing except for the presence of any of their belongings is needed to prove they "live" there and as a result cannot be removed except via an eviction. Crazy!

Apollo was he aggressive towards people or other dogs? Mine gets worked up at pet stores but not at people, he's a little reactive with the strange dogs and it's not highly unusual. I'm sorry you are going through this but it's wonderful you have support from your breeder, and it sounds like you will be much happier somewhere else anyway!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Regalis

Regalis Notable member

There's a very real chance they wouldn't actually tell you if someone complained. To reduce drama and keep people's reporting anonymous it's not unusual to just cite the lease as the reason.

I thought he was also having issues with a dog and owner that he previously played with near you?

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. DD4MSpock

DD4MSpock Hot Topics Subscriber

I agree. The mgt. firm will protect the complaintant, and themselves in the process. They (mgt. co) could face legal trouble if, for example, the "accused" were told by them who the complaitnant was, and the accused then "retaliated" against the complaintant. This isn't (yet) a Court of Law, where the accused has the "right to be confronted with their accuser."

I once had an insurance issue (I was rear-ended by a truck - minor damage). Both of us had the same insurance co, but different agents. The agent for the truck owner (who wasn't the driver), thinking, "maybe we can get them to work it out..." apparently gave the truck owner my unlisted phone number! :shock: :mad: :mad: :mad: And, yes, I was called by the truck owner. Thankfully, the owner was nice enough and only wanting to control costs of the repairs. But that could have turned very ugly if the truck owner was attempting to intimidate me into not pursuing the claim, which I did, anyway and at the body shop of my choosing, not the truck owner's.

I definitely tore that agent a new "you know what...." for giving out my personal info to a potential adversary. :machinegun:

• Like Like x 1
  12. She is from a different building and we never see them. Like I said in that post, that was the first time we saw them since he was 3-4 months old. It was more of a phase because he hasn't done that with any dogs recently. The last time he did it was when we were in my car which seems like the place he does it most. We are able to go to the vet and see other dogs or go hiking and see dogs now and he is fine. Sometimes he will growl at a dog but it almost seems like he is picky with who he doesn't like. He isn't mean towards all dogs. Only towards 30% of the ones that he decides he doesn't like. In those cases, I just remove him from the situation or keep walking until they are out of sight.

13. Tropicalbri's

It's really weird but I see a lot of well behaved and trained dogs that for some bizarre reason are reactive to people on bikes and other dogs when they are in the car with you.
    I don't quite understand it and always correct my two when they start to react.
    I look at them like what is your problem?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sometimes it's hard to correct him in the car because it can be pretty dangerous especially if I'm driving on a busy road. If I turn around and correct him or even look back at him at the wrong moment, it's very easy to get into an accident or start swerving the car

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Regalis

Regalis Notable member

For as reactive as Kaizer is (just ask the poor new mail lady ....) The car is the one place he is fine! I really don't get it. Even my husky, the most non-reactive dog ever would get weird in the car. I'm wondering if it's just because car rides are just not common for our dogs at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Albert is pretty protective in the car but it's only if someone comes to close to me if I'm stopped talking to them. I'm thankful he wasn't with me last fall when a trooper pulled me over for no seat belt since that could have gone south fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mohammadreza63

mohammadreza63 Novitiate

A Doberman breed of a garden with very poor storage conditions for cleaning, feeding and absorbing infectious diseasesThat's rightHe has a severe eating disorder and has been incarcerated for a long time and has eaten poultry all the time.In his stool, the parasite is observed and its diet in the form of bread, milk, ground food, bread. Pizza. Overdose to alleviate bowel and digestive problems and less during longer meals. NowHis internal parasites have been remedied and his digestive problem improved as nutrition and fresh water improves some sort of parasitizing and digestive systemSince Doberman is a very valuable dog, how do I find out the things that involve training him, and how should he be trained?Is the existence of a Doberman in the long-term intensive day care system for physical protection problematic?

18. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Honestly, the language barrier is making it difficult to understand you here; but if you are asking if a Doberman that has been kept in very poor conditions and was sick can become a protection dog once they are removed from the bad conditions and healed up, then I would say yes you have a good chance at succeeding. The training will have to be good and proper, and the dog will have to have a stable temperament and not have mental problems due to the very poor conditions and treatment it has endured in the past.