Horrific Abuse Case

@GennyB What rescue, what state?
Open Door Animal Sanctuary, a GREAT place and the biggest no kill shelter in Missouri. I have been really impressed with the whole operation and it's probably my favorite shelter I have ever voluteered at.


Sounds like Ohio has a law that gives judges more teeth.
The law is not bad but could use improvement like all states. I checked out Ohio's standing yester while I was at the shelter. The Animal Legal Defense Fund does an annual report where the rate state by the quality of its abuse laws. This was a 2024 report that rated Ohio at 29th. I can't remember all the markers they use to rate the states but the bottom line of the report is we have to do better in every state.
 
The AKC is 'supposed' to do evaluations of kennels that have registered litters. I know from a breeder, that when they came to visit; they didn't even look in the kennel at all....supposed to look for smoke detectors, Co2 detectors...cleanliness etc. They only checked their records...that was it.
 
that when they came to visit; they didn't even look in the kennel at all....supposed to look for smoke detectors, Co2 detectors...cleanliness etc.
Wow that's sad and everyone should have the things listed above, whether you have a dog or not.
 
This is just a county over from us. I had never heard of this man, but anyone this sick should never be allowed to be free again. I just have no words.
 
Open Door Animal Sanctuary, a GREAT place and the biggest no kill shelter in Missouri. I have been really impressed with the whole operation and it's probably my favorite shelter I have ever voluteered at.



The law is not bad but could use improvement like all states. I checked out Ohio's standing yester while I was at the shelter. The Animal Legal Defense Fund does an annual report where the rate state by the quality of its abuse laws. This was a 2024 report that rated Ohio at 29th. I can't remember all the markers they use to rate the states but the bottom line of the report is we have to do better in every state.
Thanks, @GennyB for all the good you do!
Hmm, I wonder if Animal Legal Defense fund is aware of this sad news...
 
The AKC is 'supposed' to do evaluations of kennels that have registered litters. I know from a breeder, that when they came to visit; they didn't even look in the kennel at all....supposed to look for smoke detectors, Co2 detectors...cleanliness etc. They only checked their records...that was it.
The inspection is supposed to be pretty thorough but not as common as they are supposed to be. I called a breeder friend of mine and she said she has never seen an inspector and has been breeding for probably 30 years.
Here's what inspectors are supposed to be looking for...
Copied from AKC's website
  • Care and Conditions of Dogs Policy (April 1996 original policy; April 2012 Board meeting; amended February 2014)—
    To ensure the integrity of the AKC registry, in cases where the identification of the sire is in question, or for litters with more than one sire, registration will depend on AKC certified DNA parentage verification in every such case. This policy supersedes all previous Board policy regarding the registration of litters with multiple sires. The Care and Conditions of Dogs Policy, effective June 1, 2012, reflects the American Kennel Club’s values in promoting the responsible ownership and maintenance of dogs. These guidelines are meant as a basis for helping individuals ensure that dog care practices are performed and housing facilities are maintained in a safe, humane and responsible manner. The guidelines are not intended to be all-inclusive or definitive, but rather are intended to serve as a working basic outline that can be expanded and refined as needed while lending uniform application of this policy. In addition to guidelines set forth in this policy, individuals are expected to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding the ownership and maintenance of dogs.

    A. Care of Dogs
    1. Dogs should have play and exercise in an area sufficient for all dogs housed in the facility to be able to engage in those activities on a daily basis. Exercise area should be a solid surface.
    2. Dogs must have access to fresh water as appropriate.
    3. Dogs must have access to fresh food provided at appropriate intervals to maintain a healthy weight.
    4. Appropriate health care, including routine and preventative care, must be provided for all dogs.
    5. Dogs should be provided with daily positive human contact and socialization.
    6. Each dog should have its overall health and behavior assessed daily. Any deviation in health condition must be addressed expeditiously and appropriately.
    7. Dogs should be free from internal and external parasites.
    8. Dogs should be afforded regular grooming to ensure health and comfort.
    9. When euthanasia is necessary, it must always be performed humanely.
    B. Kennels and Housing
    1. The primary enclosure must be large enough so the dog(s) can sit, stand, lie down, or turn around comfortably, with no overcrowding.
    2. The primary enclosure shall be constructed and maintained so that dogs are securely confined and does not cause injury to the dogs.
    3. Protection from adverse or extreme weather conditions must be provided.
    4. While flooring that provides solid footing is preferred, if perforated or non-solid flooring is used in the primary enclosure, it should be comprised of a material featuring a protective coating, be of an appropriate for the size and weight of the dog to prevent injury (especially to feet), and must be kept in good repair. If perforated or non-solid flooring is used, a solid platform of sufficient size should be provided to allow the dog(s) to attain solid footing and to offer a space for resting
    5. Facilities must be lighted to provide a regular lighting cycle for the dogs.
    6. Bedding material made available to dogs should be clean and not pose a risk to the dogs.
    C. Operations
    1. A sufficient number of staff must be provided to carry out appropriate levels of care and conditions for the number of dogs kept.
    2. Facility and primary enclosures should be clean, free from debris and odor, and feces should be picked up and disposed of as frequently as necessary so as not to pose a threat to the health of the dog(s).
    3. Each kennel should maintain an emergency preparedness plan adequate for the type of facility owned and breed(s) of dogs maintained therein.
    The above is in addition to the policy adopted at the July 1990 Board meeting to notify federal, state or local agencies of unsanitary and/or unhealthy conditions found by AKC Inspectors during inspection of kennels; that the US Department of Agriculture (APHIS) will be notified when such conditions prevail at kennels regulated by that department under the provisions of the U.S. Animal Welfare Act; and that other state/local governmental or humane agencies will be notified when such conditions are observed at kennels not regulated by federal law.

    In instances when dog(s) are found in conditions that place them in immediate danger, the Inspector will immediately notify agencies with jurisdiction regarding the danger to the dogs.

    During the course of an inspection, if an AKC Inspector determines that an individual is not maintaining his/her dogs or facility in a manner that is compliant with the AKC’s Care and Conditions Policy, the individual’s AKC privileges may be placed on temporary referral. The individual will be notified, in writing, of specific deficiencies and what steps need to be taken to come into compliance with the Care and Conditions of Dogs Policy. The individual shall be given 45 days to correct deficiencies and request a re-inspection. In cases where deficiencies are not corrected or re-inspections are not requested, the AKC may proceed with disciplinary action leading to suspension of all AKC privileges.
This sums up what I am trying to say. It all looks good on paper but there is NO follow through.
nor am I a fan of authoritarian government top-down control
I agree with you. I also understand there has to be some protection in place for those that can't protect themselves. There are no simple answers...
 
UP TO DATE Information


Jovana Bukvic is with Heather Hejduk and
6 others
.​

Yesterday at 12:48 AM ·

Update for Those Wanting to Help the 81 Seized Dobermans
First, thank you to everyone who has expressed such heartfelt concern and eagerness to help the 81 Dobermans seized from Marty Eis. Your compassion and support mean the world.
Many of you have asked where and how to donate, and everyone truly appreciates your generosity. I had hoped to share this information after a few remaining logistical details were clarified—but because I understand the urgency many of you are feeling, I want to provide context now so your support can be as informed and effective as possible.
Here’s what’s currently happening:
There are 11 different organizations and private parties caring for the seized dogs. Each one is independently fundraising for the dogs they currently have in their care. This means that if you donate to one organization, your donation stays with that group—regardless of whether they have one dog or many. Funds are not being pooled or shared across all 81 dogs.
For example, Henry County Humane Society is currently caring for 2 adult dogs and 3 parvo-positive puppies. They’ve been actively raising funds, which is great—but please be aware that donations made to them will only benefit their specific dogs and will stay within that organization. That’s why I’ve been encouraging everyone to pause before donating, so you can have all of the information and make sure your support goes where you truly want it to.
Why the delay in sharing donation links?
1. Transparency: We’ve been working to compile an accurate list of which dogs are with which organizations so that you, as donors, can decide exactly where your money goes.
2. Changing Numbers: One private boarding facility took in 27 dogs temporarily. These dogs are being held for now, but most of them will be transferred to other organizations for long-term care. That’s why the numbers are still shifting.
The woman running this boarding facility that took 27 dogs is a private business—not a nonprofit—so she can’t take donations through the usual fundraising platforms. I’ve been in regular contact with her since the seizure and have directed support to her as needed. A big thank-you to those who have already helped her directly with food, supplies, and other support.
Because of these complexities, we thought it best to give it a few days for everything to settle before releasing a comprehensive list of:
• Each organization
• The number of dogs in their care
• Their donation links
• What they currently need
That way, you can make informed decisions on how you’d like to help.
I know many of you have already donated, and I understand that there’s some concern and confusion. That’s exactly what I was hoping to avoid by asking for a little patience. The dogs are safe and being cared for. Taking just a little more time now will ensure your support has the greatest impact.
⸻
Temporary List of Current Placements (subject to change):
Please only click links posted directly from this page to avoid scams or impersonation accounts as I’m getting reports of a lot of them popping up.
• Club Pet Resort (private) – 27 dogs
Cannot accept public donations directly. Please contact me if you’d like to support and I’ll give you instructions on how to send.
• Toledo Humane Society – 15 dogs (puppies with parvo)
Donation link:
https://toledohumane.org/give
• Hand Me Down Dobes – 8 dogs
Donation link:
https://www.paypal.com/donate/...
• Planned Pethood – 7 dogs
Donation link: https://plannedpethood.salsalabs.org/donate/index.html
• The Red Barn Goofy Newfy Rescue - 5 dogs
Link:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61570477647917#
• Henry County Humane Society - 2 dogs + 3 parvo puppies in veterinary care
Donation link:
https://www.henryhumane.org/donate
• Pampered Paws Rescue - 4 dogs
Donation link:
https://account.venmo.com/u/nkinner
• Paulding County Dog Warden - 4 dogs
Link:
https://www.pauldingohsheriff.com/dogkennel/
• Justice Animal Rescue (JAR) – 3 dogs
Donation link:
https://justiceanimalrescue.wixsite.com/j-a-r/get-involved
• Henry County Dog Warden – 2 dogs
Link:
https://www.henrycountyohio.gov/170/Dog-Warden
• Heritage Farms Rescue – 1 dog
Donation link:
https://www.heritagefarmsrescue.com/
Total: 81 dogs (63 adults, 18 puppies)
⸻
I’ve taken on the responsibility of communicating with the organizations involved to reduce the burden on them while they focus on caring for the dogs. My goal has always been to help the dogs and provide you with clear, up-to-date information.
To clarify one more point: Hand Me Down Dobes and Heritage Farms Rescue were the only two rescues physically on site during the intake with HMDD being the only Doberman specific rescue out of all of the rescues involved. Some of the criticism aimed at them lately is misplaced and unfair. I’ve personally been rejected to foster with HMDD due to their “no intact dogs” policy that is there with good reason and I understand the care and rules they enforce are there only for the dog’s benefit. Let’s try to stay focused on helping, not pointing fingers.
This is not about egos or affiliations. It’s about doing what’s best for the dogs. I truly believe we can come together to make a real difference—calmly, collaboratively, and clearly.
The dogs are still not an available for adoption. However we do still encourage you to apply to foster them as foster homes will be needed. I know Hand Me Down Dobes is actively interviewing and performing home checks on foster homes that apply due to the strong possibility of more dogs being moved into their care. If you are out of boundary and you do not meet the HMDD requirements to foster please reach out to your local Doberman rescue. You are also able to apply to the other organizations on this list as well as they are actively taking foster applications.
Thank you again to all of you who have offered support, shown patience, and stayed committed to the dogs. Your kindness is what’s keeping this effort strong.
More updates coming soon.
💛

****If anyone else who is directly connected to this has added me as a friend please comment so I can tag you as well so this post is seen far and wide. I’ve thus far only been tagging the ones I know and follow****
 
This body cam footage makes me sick to my stomach...
How old is that video? I ask because I haven't heard the words bird flu in a few months and there's no shortage in the stores around here. The eggs prices are down to the new normal. Not sure they will ever be as cheap as they were before all the bird flu talk.
 
How old is that video?
I accidently had the wrong one on my clipboard so I had to go back and edit to get the right one pertaining to this case. LOL

As for the chickens, I'll post it in a different thread.
 
That is unbelievable....and the sheriff's have to be nice to him, so they could get in there to see what was going on....I would have been SCREAMING obscenities!!!!:complain:
 
Hand Me Down Dobes is asking for donations.


Hand Me Down Dobes is
p6BSIAomVbt.png
asking for donations.​

4h ·
1749926302273.webp
https://www.facebook.com/#
𝐀𝐧 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝.
We would like to extend our heartfelt appreciation to everyone who has reached out and offered thoughtful donations concerning the recent Doberman rescue. Your compassion means a great deal to us and the dogs we care for. We understand that some of you may have been waiting for a formal statement from HMDD. We made a conscious decision to refrain from public announcements and fundraising efforts until the dogs were legally and irrevocably placed in our care. This approach, though perhaps slower, was guided by our commitment to ethical stewardship: we believed it was inappropriate to solicit donations for animals that might, due to legal complexities, have needed to be returned.
We can now confirm that HMDD has custody of eight of the Dobermans from that recent rescue. Our team, including the HMDD chairman, a board member, and a dedicated volunteer, was actively present at the Henry County Humane Society last Friday. HMDD, the only purebred Doberman rescue in Ohio, was called in to help provide direct assistance with the intake process and helped with the initial exams of each dog as they arrived.
Thank you for respecting our process and for your unwavering support. With these beautiful dogs now officially part of the HMDD family, we look forward to sharing their progress and rehabilitation journeys with you.
We thank you for your support.
𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒆, 𝑩𝒂𝒓𝒃, 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒏
We have multiple ways you can donate. Visit HMDD.org and click on the Donate tab or you can send your check to:
Hand Me Down Dobes, Inc.
P.O. Box 12325
Columbus, Ohio 43212-0325
Hand Me Down Dobes is a registered 501c3 organization, making all donations tax deductible. Many employers offer matching funds, so please inquire with your employer.
You can also show your support! Simply click on our Amazon wish list, choose the items you would like to purchase, add them to your cart, and select the Ship to Hand Me Down Dobes Gift Registry Address.
Link in bio: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/945D10J6K2AB...
 
How old is that video? I ask because I haven't heard the words bird flu in a few months and there's no shortage in the stores around here. The eggs prices are down to the new normal. Not sure they will ever be as cheap as they were before all the bird flu talk.

The time stamp on the video is 06/06 Surprised it doesn't have a year.
The description below the video says June 2025
 
The time stamp on the video is 06/06 Surprised it doesn't have a year.
The description below the video says June 2025
Different video. Jan accidentally posted the wrong one. The one I was referring to is now in another thread.
 
We had our own mess at the shelter where I volunteer. Some time after dark some one dropped off a pregnant dog as well as some puppies. Turns out the pups were all sick with parvo and the Mom dog was in labor and having a VERY difficult time. We almost lost her and the unborn pups. They were able to find the owners and ended up with more dogs from their property. Turns out the owners were overwhelmed with intact dogs and it was getting out of control. There is no electric or water on the property so it's just nasty. A couple of rescues are there trying to get all the dogs out of kennels and the barn when they discover the house is overcome with cats and dogs. I will smell this smell for the rest of my life. I think it's burned into my nostrils. The air was actually too toxic to let people in the house. The people that entered were suited and completely coverd. With the heat and humidity it's almost impossible to help in any way for more than a few minutes.
Thank God for the heros that are there and willing to work until all the animals are out.
 
I wonder if I could find the guts to be able to help without losing heart or killing someone.
You can! Will it be one of the hardest things you have ever done? Absolutely! But the other side of the coin is it will also be one of the most rewarding things EVER! This one was especially tough for me because of the cats. OMG! What is it about cat pee? It has to be one of the strongest, most penatrating smell known to man. But after is everything is over and you see the animals after being cleaned up you know why you do it. They are so excited to just be clean. In no time they learn there are soft beds and a reliable food source with clean water and all the loving they could ever want and they morph into the happiest ever dogs! I think the secrete is to keep the goal in focus.....a happy dog. There is NOTHING like a happy dog!
 
This one was especially tough for me because of the cats. OMG! What is it about cat pee? It has to be one of the strongest, most penatrating smell known to man.
Isn't that the truth? I remember the ranch I used to work at and they had 2 barn cats and about 15 horses stalled at night. All I could smell in the morning was the cat pee and nothing from the horses.
 
Isn't that the truth? I remember the ranch I used to work at and they had 2 barn cats and about 15 horses stalled at night. All I could smell in the morning was the cat pee and nothing from the horses.
And that's why I won't have a cat in my barn.
 

Back
Top