• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Hind leg pain - What might it be?

@Oh Little Oji Any updates on Oji? How's he been feeling lately?
Anyone here ever physically pinch off a dog's penis with your fingers to stop the flow so you can walk him to the door and get him outside? Yeah, when he has a pee accident, he just stands there and unloads his bladder on the floor in the house.

He has been on an even keel in terms of schedule and stool production. If I get him out for a late night walk, and he produces, I can sleep without the anxiety that at any moment we may be awakened to what is a special kind of offensive.

When he poops in the crate, it rivals the above, as he of course steps and sits/lays in it.

His hind leg control continues to be compromised, although when it comes to going for walks he still pulls hard.

His front legs are affected as well, but to a lesser degree.

He has started to develop an issue with drinking water. He goes to take a drink, but stops like something is wrong and looks at us. Of course, I've tried different things like changing out the water and bowl, placing the water on a higher surface, and holding the water bowl for him. Thankfully, he did go ahead and take a decent drink today.

Several weeks ago, I decided I could never again tell him to lay down. He refused one time, and I just can't have him directly disobeying me; yet I can't correct him for refusing to lay down because he is refusing because he has a physical problem.

He acts pretty spry. I think what is extending his life is he is so lightweight (only 70 lbs. at 28"), he is so fit, and he is so physically strong.

Back