• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Goodbye to my dear boy King

Viemarangelrock

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
My heart breaks for you all. I’m so very sorry, Phil :(
King was such a great dobie. He was lucky to have chosen you as his family. Wishing you comfort and peace during this difficult time.

PhilT

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
My heart breaks for you all. I’m so very sorry, Phil :(
King was such a great dobie. He was lucky to have chosen you as his family. Wishing you comfort and peace during this difficult time.
We were honoured to have had him in our lives, will always be in our thoughts and hearts.

PhilT

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
A difficult day more tears for both off us, we collected Kings ashes from the crematorium, we had arranged for a individual cremation and we are going to scatter his ashes in his favourite park with all the family present, this will be his final resting place we will also throw his collection off balls (about 9) into the woods for other dogs to find and hopefully play with.20210812_173034.jpg20210812_174857.jpg20210812_174809.jpg

PhilT

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
I know many off you who have lost your dear furry friends miss them enormously, since we lost our dear boy King I have had a struggle to find peace, he is always in my thoughts and I speak to him everyday, we still have people asking where's your dog, I've tried putting a lot off effort into training and looking after my sons dog Otto but it's not the same to me, today is very difficult and I feel very sad because King would have been 9yrs old today and we always done something special for him, I miss him so much even although it's been nearly 4 months, I go for walks twice aday to the places we always used to go together it gives me enjoyment to remember the good times we spent together, I hope he is having a great time playing with all the other dobies free off pain, I have kept his ashes as I can't bring myself to spread them where he used to walk and play, when I pass they will be joining me so we are always together.IMG-20211126-WA0002.jpg
My best friend I miss you so much xxx

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Bless you and yours on this day as you remember King. I know you remember him every day. He was clearly loved and given such a wonderful life.

Ddski5

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
My wife asks me every now and then if I am ever going to spread Alex’s ashes, that are still sitting on our mantle. I look at him and then I look at her and just don’t have the words.

Know that you are not alone.
It’s very hard.

Viemarangelrock

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
It’s tough, we understand :(

All of my boys ashes that I’ve lost over the years are still in their wooden boxes with their name plates on, we still keep them in the house, treasured on a bookcase. We have yet to scatter or bury them...I don’t know, we feel comfort I guess that they’re still here with us. Each box has their favourite toy placed on their individual boxes. Teeth marks and punctured wounds included.

There’s no right or wrong way to grieve only a way that is right for you and what helps you. It will take time and you do have to give yourself time to grieve.

Sending you a virtual hug, too. Take care of yourself.

Two Dobes

Hot Topics Subscriber
Sending hugs your way.....nothing worse (in my opinion) than losing one of these special dobermans. It took me a full year to stop crying when I looked at our Electra's photos....I am so thankful I have so many....a year and a half later, I can smile when I remember the joy of owning her. My heart goes out to you.

Kaiser2016

I can only imagine how hard this must be since they are such a strong presence in our lives, but I think it's fine to not scatter his ashes and your plan is a good one. I think when the time comes, I would not want to scatter them either.

PhilT

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
Thank you everyone for your kind words I maybe not posting anything for a while but will still be watching all your posts about what is happening with your amazing dobies my love and best wishes to you all lovers off this amazing breed xxx

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Happy Birthday over the bridge sweet King... He had a great life on this earth and he's still with you in spirit.

We have all of our dogs ashes sitting in nice urns right here in the living room with us and there's no way I could part with them.

Phil I do hope you continue to post, even if it's off topic threads or in discussions about your experience with Dobermans or your photos and antics with Otto. I've always looked forward to reading posts from you.