1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Goodbye my sweet Pooh...

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Silent Dobe, Jul 15, 2013.

1. SandyinKS

SandyinKS Notable member

Beautiful! A wonderful tribute to a great friend. "Till you meet again.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Silent Dobe

Silent Dobe Well-Known Member

He sadly bloated and I had to put him to sleep. The vet called while in surgery, to tell us that his spleen was completely detached. He would not have had a quality of life. So instead of going on with the surgery and trying to save him, I opted to put him down.

He would not have been able to eat solid food, he would have bowel problems, and most of all, I couldn't even play ball with him any more.

I picked up his ashes, Collar and leash last night. It's better to have him home. It gives me comfort that he died with his pain already gone. I'll never forget him or stop missing him.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

• Like Like x 6
  3. agift4me

agift4me Hot Topics Subscriber

Awe, such a bitter sweet. Such an awesome dog, thank you for being such an awesome owner. I hope your heart and soul heal real soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry that I am just catching up with this now. :( Such a beautiful boy and I know you did right by him. Just reading your post on him has me in tears so forgive me if I don't view the video at the moment.

RIP

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Thank you Silent for the update and reason for Jerry Lee's premature departure. Bloat is such a cruel and feared event that strikes down many great dogs in their prime. I'm sure you made the right decision. Quality of life is everything to a dog like him.

• Like Like x 2
  6. zaxayo

zaxayo Active Member

Sorry for your loss, its so terrible hard to loose them......

• Like Like x 1
  7. Betty

Betty Notable member

I'm so sorry for your lost. I know it was a month ago. But, I just lost my GSD Wednesday and I just saw your posting.. ((HUGS)).

• Like Like x 2
  8. BradysMom

BradysMom Hot Topics Subscriber

Sorry i missed this thread :sorrow: so sorry for your loss. RIP Pooh!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Max Hawk

Max Hawk Hot Topics Subscriber

I just saw this! I am so sorry for your loss! What a great tribute to Jerry Lee too. R.I.P. and run free! I know from experience how hard this is. :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh my how did I miss this, so sorry SD what an amazing beautiful tribute to a wonderful friend he looks so handsome and it brought tears to my eyes such a beautiful song, take care :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  11. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

I am so so so sorry, so truly sorry.
    Prayers for peace and healing.

They take such a big big part of us
    with them.

FOREVER IN YOUR HEART... FOREVER AND ALWAYS, nothing can ever take that away........EVER

12. Rosco

Rosco Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so sorry for your loss!! That was a beautiful tribute video and a perfect song to go with it!!