Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Fun contest - snow melt

Discussion in 'Contests' started by JanS, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d0ds0t

d0ds0t Hot Topics Subscriber

And now the temps are at -1C/30F

I live at 70°north. At the red X on this map:

70north.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. TrinityDobes

TrinityDobes Novitiate

wow - how warm does it get for you in the hottest part of summer? and how long does it last? do you have 4 seasons?

• Like Like x 1
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I just checked our pile again and it's down to one chunk now, so we're getting close. ;) I honestly thought bhr was going to have it when I looked last night, but not quite I guess.

Linda, I bet if you're anything like us, it gets rather hot and humid there too in the summer?

• Like Like x 3
  4. bhr

bhr Novitiate

Well dang!!!!! We need another contest then, cause dang-it I need to win something :groan: ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Katja Henriksen

Katja Henriksen Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

Awww Heather, that's two in a row! There will be more competitions here and I will also have more on FB. :) Keep at it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Katja Henriksen

Katja Henriksen Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

I'm pretty sure that's where Santa Clause lives. LOL

• Like Like x 6
  7. d0ds0t

d0ds0t Hot Topics Subscriber

There are 4 seasons, just like everywhere else :p

The temps between june and september are usually 15C/60F to 30C/85F but on those really hot days it is REALLY hot too. Plus we have the midnight sun that never setrs during our summer months as well..

• Like Like x 3
  8. JanS

Quick update: I checked this morning and there's still some there, but they changed our forecast a bit for today:
    Today
    Patchy fog early in the morning. Partly sunny in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 75 to 80. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph becoming west 10 to 15 mph late in the afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TrinityDobes

TrinityDobes Novitiate

OH then if you get rain its all over - that will probably end the contest so it could be today or tomorrow

10. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

I was telling my husband about this, and he started cracking up....and came out with "kinda like watching paint dry isn't it?" Ok, so we're a little strange, but we certainly aren't boring! ;)

• Like Like x 7
  11. JanS

LOL Pam! :D

I'll be darned if it isn't still there as of today when I got home at noon... :tap:

12. JanS

Well, I thought I could announce a winner today after we hit 88°, but here it is tonight (May 11) at 6:50 pm.

Snow pile May 11 11.jpg Snow pile 2 May 11 11.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. TrinityDobes

TrinityDobes Novitiate

OMG - tomorrow for sure !!! this has really been a lot of fun Jan - thanks for taking all the photos!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Its like a snow tease LOL .. It will never end.. That last little bit will stay until august out of spite :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  15. JanS

LOL, oops I just noticed the poop front and center - Della used to use it for a poop throne too. :poop::D

16. LOL she is cheating.. trying to use her body functions to make the snow move faster LOL

• Like Like x 2
  17. Panama

Who had May 12th?

18. JanS

Rits and Lynz have May 12th, so it could be between them, but now we're in for a big cool down, so who knows...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

The suspense is killing me! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  20. Panama

Good luck you two!!!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.