Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Fun contest - snow melt

Discussion in 'Contests' started by JanS, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Looks to me like you are going for Memorial Day!

2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Okay, we're down to the wire now so I'm cutting off any new guesses since it wouldn't be fair to the others. Good luck and I think we'll announce a winner soon. :)

Taken today May 8 at 7:00 PM CST.

Snow pile 4 May 8 11.jpg Snow pile May 8 11.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

AWWWWWWWWWWWW look at Della girl..........

• Like Like x 1
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

LOL She's like, Hey! Where's my pee pile????

• Like Like x 1
  5. lynz

lynz Novitiate

3 more days Please let me win snow pile:)

6. TrinityDobes

TrinityDobes Novitiate

I think I may have guessed May 30th? did you keep track of all the guesses?

7. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

i think i was the 7th May :(, i think Della needed to wee on it some more ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. JanS

LOL, it was probably her peeing on it that speeded it up. :p

I'm just tracking all of the guesses through this thread and striking them out as the the dates pass. If I remember right you had May 31 Gail. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oooooo!!! It's getting close! Della looks quite happy :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. JanS

I checked this morning before leaving for work and it's still there, but it's pretty small now, so I might need to get updated pics when I get home. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Since my guess day has passed, my new guess would be
    May 13th 2pm

12. d0ds0t

d0ds0t Hot Topics Subscriber

One more week.. hang in there little pile :fingersx::whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Darn, just saw the new pictures of the pile and Jan cutting off new guesses.... crud!

14. TrinityDobes

TrinityDobes Novitiate

hey thats not fair *LOL* - I think Jan cut the guessing off a couple days ago because its much easier to guess when the closer we get - looks like my May 31 will be goo late :( We need photos and a weather forcast!

And what is the criteria for GONE? as in none? not even the size of a snow ball?

15. JanS

Yup, gone means not a trace left, but when it gets down to the end it's only a matter of hours anyway. I'll take some new pics when I get home, and here's the forecast.

Rest of Today
    Partly sunny. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds and small hail in the morning. Highs 60 to 65. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight
    Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows 48 to 53. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph decreasing to around 5 mph early in the morning.

Wednesday
    Partly sunny. A slight chance of rain showers in the morning...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 70 to 75. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Wednesday Night
    Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows 48 to 53. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thursday
    Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 65 to 70. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Thursday Night
    Cloudy with rain showers likely with a few thunderstorms. Lows 45 to 50. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Friday
    Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 60 to 65. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Friday Night and Saturday
    Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Lows 43 to 48. Highs 58 to 63.

Saturday Night
    Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Lows 38 to 43.

Sunday
    Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Highs 62 to 67.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TrinityDobes

TrinityDobes Novitiate

OH NO the rain, if it comes in conjunction with 70 degees will surely hasten its melting rate - def don't think we will make it to the end of may - but kind of cool that its lasted so very long!

• Like Like x 1
  17. d0ds0t

You can adopt my pile.. at leas parts of it.. I bet i will last until mid june.. :censored:

• Like Like x 2
  18. JanS

LOL, yes it is still huge. You should keep us updated on it.

Okay, here are the pics I promised to take when I got home. Today (5/10/11) at 11:30 am. The sun is just starting to come out, so we'll see.

Snow pile 2 May 10 11.jpg

She's working it from the edges now. :D
    Snow pile May 10 11 peeing.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. d0ds0t

This is what I have.. It hasn't gone down at all the last two weeks :(

sp.png

• Like Like x 4
  20. TrinityDobes

TrinityDobes Novitiate

OMGoodness look how much Jan's pile has melted!!! one good rain or a 70 degee day and it will be history!

Linda - were do you live again?? cause your pile is still quite impressive *LOL* maybe you can be the next contest *LOL*

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.