• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

E collar advice please

Also leerburg.com has some great videos for purchase. I’m a visual person and needed it to get a complete understanding.

@LifeofRubie I also tried it in myself but I only went up to 14 on my arm. Such a sissy XD Not that it hurt. It was just a weird uncomfortable feeling. But at least I gave it a go.

Yes, it's similar to when you get PT and they put the little electrode pads on you to stimulate your muscles to contract!

Yep, I tried it on my fingers too. I couldn't feel Jazzies base level of 10 at all. But when I jammed those electrodes into my neck I sure could! :rofl: Weird and very unpleasant!

Hi no need for e collar's use reward based trading it's very very effective.
I am curious how reward based training either with praise or treats would prevent your dog from getting into a prey zone, blowing off your command to come to you and running after a prey animal possibly crossing into traffic and becoming an HBC. How would praise and treats work then? How would you break that red zone and have them put on the brakes and turn and come back to you without some other stimulus to snap them out of it? Once they get in that zone they become deaf to your voice and their mind and actions become their own without any consideration to you. No matter how well trained your dog is there is always that one chance that this will occur. I want the insurance that it won’t occur by the simple use of a tool that can prevent it and a tool that I very, very seldom have to use even on a tone setting much less a stim.
I am not trying to criticize you by any means but I want to know your method to prevent this. Treats and praise are totally ignored when dogs get amped, they are in a zone that only escalates without something to abruptly bring their attention back to you.

Back