• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Dry poop after switching to raw food

Chicken and turkey necks, chicken feet!
Asha is an insane eater. She would only crunch a chicken foot once or twice then swallow. Necks, same thing, and I had to keep a close eye on choking because she'd just try to shift it around in her mouth then swallow it whole. I finally gave up because it worried me too much. She still gets these things for nutrition, but they go through the grinder first. I sit and watch Reckless chew & crunch on the same thing for 3 or 4 minutes compared to Ashas 3 - 4 seconds... 🙄 :( But yes, I agree, great food for dogs.

Asha is an insane eater. She would only crunch a chicken foot once or twice then swallow. Necks, same thing, and I had to keep a close eye on choking because she'd just try to shift it around in her mouth then swallow it whole. I finally gave up because it worried me too much. She still gets these things for nutrition, but they go through the grinder first. I sit and watch Reckless chew & crunch on the same thing for 3 or 4 minutes compared to Ashas 3 - 4 seconds... 🙄 :( But yes, I agree, great food for dogs.
Oh my dogs did too (Java and Paige). I was always told it was safe as long as there was meat around the bone (and obviously not weight bearing). The poultry bones are so soft raw they can digest them. Only partially thawed may help encourage chewing.

I was always told it was safe as long as there was meat around the bone (and obviously not weight bearing). The poultry bones are so soft raw they can digest them. Only partially thawed may help encourage chewing.
They are safe & digestible, but Asha would often puke up chicken feet bones a few hours later. The necks, once she got them down, swallowing whole, would digest just fine - those are tiny soft bones! But I freaked a couple of times when she couldn't get it to go down and tried to cough it back up. I just couldn't handle the stress. LOL. But 90% of all the dogs will do the right thing and crunch them up and swallow bits and pieces at a time!

If Sasha wants raw, furry bunny ears she will have to catch one. I just can’t…😂😂😂🤣. I totally believe y’all, but yakking up turkey necks and bunny ears is not my jam!

Lol thanks for all the replies but ya I been giving the necks for some time now and Bruce is the same way with just 3 bits and down it goes 🤦‍♂️ and Brooke will enjoy it for some time same this with the wings.. never got around to the bunny ears but the store sells them so when I go back next week I’ll have to try them

Back