Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Doberman average life span

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by dobermanrandy, Jul 6, 2011.

1. dobex3

dobex3 Hot Topics Subscriber

My two rescues, both red boys, died at about 10 - 12 (guesstimate) due to cancer. My baby Charlee died at 3.5 to CAH. Losing her broke my heart.:(
    My Riley to DCM at 9 (best guess) this past Jan. I have Jade who will be 6 Oct 5th and my Jax who will be 2 Oct 19th.

• Like Like x 3
  2. myeditor

myeditor Novitiate

Our gorgeous dog passed away on saturday the 2nd of November, she was only 7. Diagnosed with cancer 6 weeks ago. She was so loving, devoted and beautiful. I m so upset. I wish I could bring her back. RIP Frodo. Love you xxx

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  3. gettinggreyer

gettinggreyer Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm sorry for your loss. :down:

4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Gorgeous girl. I'm so sorry. It hurts so much, I know. It's the most heartbreaking part of animal ownership. :( Hugs to you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jhwdc

jhwdc Hot Topics Subscriber

Our condolences. Way too young.

• Like Like x 1
  6. myeditor

myeditor Novitiate

thank you both for your kind words, I miss her so much :eek:(

• Like Like x 2
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry to hear of your tragic loss... :( She was beautiful and will live in your heart forever, but I know just how hard it is... Run free pretty girl. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  8. myeditor

myeditor Novitiate

Thank you so much, it really really hurts. Run free Frodo xxxx

• Like Like x 1
  9. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl, we all know what you are going through and it is not easy to lose a loved one bless you come hear and talk about your girl we would all like to help you if we can make the journey a little easier for you:sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dobiemom_of2

Dobiemom_of2 Member

This poem is absolutely beautiful. I get teary eyed when I read it. My guys are way young, 6 months and 3 months, but I'm grateful to have them in my life everyday!! And I look forward to spending the rest of their lives with them, no matter how long or short!

12. Mickey's Mom

Mickey's Mom Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My condolences. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. csmith4242

csmith4242 Notable member

Karma 10 3/4 years- heart
    Dane 9 ? CVI
    Bella 7 Lymphoma
    Quinn 12 1/2 - Heart, kidneys

• Like Like x 1
  14. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

Scary statistics... Dobermans don't have a good longevity anymore.
    I was not lucky. My first Doberman died at 9 1/2 (cancer), my second Doberman died at 7 1/2 (bloat).
    Hug your babies and enjoy every day!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jess

Jess New Member

I now have my third Doberman - The first two lived till almost Eight both guys got cancer and today my guy Titan is 10.5 - So it's really hard to say but he is doing great thankfully everyday is a great day with a Doberman.

• Like Like x 3
  16. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

Longest lived dobie was our boy Max 13 yrs, our youngest was my sweet red Morgen, liver disease at age 5yrs. :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Well my first Dobe passed at around 6 yrs. From battling Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia. This developed within 2 days after getting a yearly booster vaccination (this is before we knew better about vaccinations and now we know about NOT over vaccinating) at 4 yrs old. Having a Splenectomy. Then getting Bladder Cancer from the Auto Immune drugs. Having Chemo once a month for 6 months.

Our second Dobe passed at 4 yrs from Wobblers.

The worst is that dogs in general 1 in 2 will end up with Cancer in their lifetime.

Some things we can do to give any pet better chances:
    Feeding the best food possible and rotating meat proteins. Also adding supplements.
    Keeping the Intestinal Tract healthy.
    Not over vaccinating after puppy Core vaccines. Titer
    Give filtered water
    Try not using Topicals for Fleas and Ticks. Use Natural products. These are all pesticides.
    Don't use any weed & feeds or fertilizers where your pets will be. People just walk in these areas with shoes on. Dogs will walk, lay down and roll around in these areas. There is a connection between these and Lymphoma.
    Do a body Detox a few times a year.
    Doing these things can help the Immune System stay strong.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Klmills82

Klmills82 New Member

Diesel is my first Doberman. I got him when he was 14 weeks from a college student that said he didn't have time for a puppy. I expected an average size Doberman. Diesel is now 7.5 years old and is a big breed. Weighing in at 130lbs. With that being said I've been trying to figure the lifespan on a big Doberman and can't find any info. But it seems that most are between 8-10yrs. So I feel like he is doing great. He has a lot of old dog bumps and lumps but is still happy and healthy.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434552290,1434551746][/DOUBLEPOST]Here he is. Love our diesel.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  19. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I just wanted to say welcome. Handsome boy you have. :)

20. Stephanie Atwood

Stephanie Atwood Novitiate

Roscoe passed away at 8 years and 1 month - sudden death - cardiomyopathy
    Bubba passed away at 11 1/2 or 13 1/2 years (Bubba was a rescue, age not known, estimated by the vet to be 8 -10 years old when we rescued him) - congestive heart failure
    Caesar passed away at 9 years and 1 month - cancer (disseminated histiocytic sarcoma)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1