• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Cara Dobermans

ksirr

Hello Everyone!

I searched them in this website and found a little bit of opinion but I would like some more.
What do you guys think of Cara Dobermans and is there any breeding that I should look into/watch for from them? They have a lot of current dogs in their breeding program and since I am new to this community of Dober Lovers I am not familiar with any of the dogs.

Any opinion and advise is useful :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Ray Carlisle is known throughout the US Doberman world. He is the former DPCA president. I have read where he's an anti-vaccer (sp ?) now.

Not sure Ray is breeding dogs, the dog he has listed as stud (Deacon) is one of Larry Kye’s dogs that passed away a few years ago. Are you sure he has a planned breeding?

Not sure Ray is breeding dogs, the dog he has listed as stud (Deacon) is one of Larry Kye’s dogs that passed away a few years ago. Are you sure he has a planned breeding?

I'm not looking for planned breedings. I'm looking for good breeders for when I am able to get a dog. I havent contacted them or anything.

Cara has been in the game for a long time and has a lot of titles on their Dobes and are pretty respected. When I was conducting my search for my previous Doberman, I got approved by Cara. I wound up, probably due to no available pups, going with a different breeder. If I recall, Cara is on the more expensive end.

I don't have any inside info. on them though.

Ray has recently retired. He no longer breeds. I've gotten 3 dobermans from Ray who i all trained in IPO. I've trained with him since 2005 when i got my first dog from him. He always said stability of nerve is the most important quality in any dog. I learned a lot from him being a member of his DPCA and UDC clubs, breed study groups, and just sitting around drinking beer talking dogs during dog training sessions. A more knowledgeable and dedicated trainer, breeder, educator was never born. Fundamental in the commissioning of the of the bronze, Always Faithful, founding president of the UDC and AWDF, voted by the DPCA membership to judge for Best In Show the DPCA national specialty every 5 years for the last 25 years (every 5 years is the greatest frequency allowed) , having given judge seminar at Westminster Kennel Club, creator of the TOP 20, 4 time DPCA president, DPCA lifetime achievement award recipient, publisher of Top Dobe, BUT YET Ray would always find time to explain structure and temperment, or just give an impromptu lesson on ear taping. His dogs have the most titles than any other Doberman breeder. Ray is enjoying the good life in retirement and is missed by all who shared the field with him.

I've always been impressed with his knowledge & the dogs he bred. Glad he's enjoying retirement, and I surely do hope he's got some breeders following in his footsteps. Proud to say my girl carries some Cara blood.

Cara has been in the game for a long time and has a lot of titles on their Dobes and are pretty respected. When I was conducting my search for my previous Doberman, I got approved by Cara. I wound up, probably due to no available pups, going with a different breeder. If I
Ray has recently retired. He no longer breeds. I've gotten 3 dobermans from Ray who i all trained in IPO. I've trained with him since 2005 when i got my first dog from him. He always said stability of nerve is the most important quality in any dog. I learned a lot from him being a member of his DPCA and UDC clubs, breed study groups, and just sitting around drinking beer talking dogs during dog training sessions. A more knowledgeable and dedicated trainer, breeder, educator was never born. Fundamental in the commissioning of the of the bronze, Always Faithful, founding president of the UDC and AWDF, voted by the DPCA membership to judge for Best In Show the DPCA national specialty every 5 years for the last 25 years (every 5 years is the greatest frequency allowed) , having given judge seminar at Westminster Kennel Club, creator of the TOP 20, 4 time DPCA president, DPCA lifetime achievement award recipient, publisher of Top Dobe, BUT YET Ray would always find time to explain structure and temperment, or just give an impromptu lesson on ear taping. His dogs have the most titles than any other Doberman breeder. Ray is enjoying the good life in retirement and is missed by all who shared the field with him.
Anyone following in his footsteps in the northeast?

Ray is the one person in the US that knows, I dare say, the most about the breed. There may be one or two breeders left around the country that are at his level in terms of knowledge. He goes way back.

I visited him once like 8 years ago and his operation was impeccable. His dogs were beautiful. It's too bad he is no longer breeding because he is first rate top to bottom. I wished I would have had one of his dogs.

Back