Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Buddy Passed!!!

Discussion in 'Other K-9 Shows and Events' started by Nupe, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Nupe

Nupe Notable member

OH SHIT...THATS MY DOG BUDDY NAME RIGHT THERE....HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!! THANKS GAIL FOR SHARING!!..

• Like Like x 6
  2. doberluv

doberluv Novitiate

Leon, you crack me up :rofl:. I know you are still flying high and to see your boys name in writing made it even better I'm sure!!! :ty: Gail for making Leon & Buddy strut like peacocks even more, they so deserve too !!!:woot:

• Like Like x 2
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

What a proud moment! :dance:

I know this is a bit off topic of your proud moment, Nupe, but I would like to ask something to everyone on this .
    I remember it was here on this Forum where I learned what was expected at the WAE and it was the reaction of the Stranger Danger that I was most surprised at. (someone posted a video) I've never been to a show, a WAE or anything like that, so I was a bit surprised to see that the reaction they were looking for was completely different than what I thought they would! lol I totally understand it now, but when this was first introduced to me, I thought the reaction they were looking for would be a calm dog by your side. Not actually going "after" the stranger. But now I see that this is really the correct reaction, the dog stepping in front of you, keeping himself between you and the stranger and being 'on guard'.

Unfortunately, I think my Buddy would fail. :(

Does a dog fail if they do the 'right thing' to excess? Like REALLY barking and charging?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nupe

Nupe Notable member

Well the way the evaluator explAINED WHAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR ...AS FAR AS THE AGGRESSIVE stranger was concerned..is as follows.....was for the dog to go to the end of the 6 ft leash no slack in leash, dog goe all the way to end....the dog did not HAVE TO bark...but stay in between you and the aggressive stranger...even when the stranger is approaching you....Now barking is a plus..(extra points!!!)....Now to the excess part @ my Buddy...after the evaluator says stop or gather your dog....your dog has ...I think he said 15 seconds to recover....But I think they dont mind really barking and charging as long as the dog recovers when told to!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. MyBuddy

Interesting. I'd love to see what Buddy would do, but my sense tells me he would not go to the end of the leash! He'd probably go behind me. :( He's a sweetheart but I think the 'stranger' thing might make him wary. He could surprise me though! What does the 'stranger' do in the test? Anything unusual?

Most of the ones you stayed for failed because of this, right?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Nupe

Nupe Notable member

Yes most did...and the aggressive starnger is making noise as he comes out...is dressed in a black coat ...black hat and sunglasses...also he has a stick that he shows and acts like he will use it as he charges you!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. MyBuddy

Well :poop:, I might run the other way too!!!:bag::sonic:

• Like Like x 1