dobie206
Jr Member
Hey dobie peeps!
Just recently we started noticing Vinci’s breath having that distinct blood/metallic smell. And of course after looking inside his mouth, there’s blood on his gums. He just turned 2 last month and we brush his teeth at least twice a week and I’m not sure if these are early signs of gum disease or other dental disease.
Also, do his bottom teeth look normal? They look sort of pushed in, if that makes sense. Wish we took pictures of what they used to look like, I’m pretty sure they didn’t look like this. I’ve already emailed his vet to see if it’s something he needs to be seen for. Posting this to see if anyone has any insight or if you’ve ever experienced this with their dobie.
Pic 1 - his teeth
Pic 2 - for attention (when it snowed here in Seattle last month)

Just recently we started noticing Vinci’s breath having that distinct blood/metallic smell. And of course after looking inside his mouth, there’s blood on his gums. He just turned 2 last month and we brush his teeth at least twice a week and I’m not sure if these are early signs of gum disease or other dental disease.
Also, do his bottom teeth look normal? They look sort of pushed in, if that makes sense. Wish we took pictures of what they used to look like, I’m pretty sure they didn’t look like this. I’ve already emailed his vet to see if it’s something he needs to be seen for. Posting this to see if anyone has any insight or if you’ve ever experienced this with their dobie.
Pic 1 - his teeth
Pic 2 - for attention (when it snowed here in Seattle last month)

