Bissell Crosswave Pet Plus

I think we might have to hit Bissel up to be a sponsor here with all the advertising they're getting. LOL

I've been meaning to ask, how expensive is the cleaning solution and how long does it last? The one thing about both our Spot Bot and Bissel carpet cleaner is that the solution is expensive and doesn't go too far.

I've been meaning to ask, how expensive is the cleaning solution and how long does it last? The one thing about both our Spot Bot and Bissel carpet cleaner is that the solution is expensive and doesn't go too far.

Hard to answer. But for me its really cheap because I have a small house. The Bissell has measurements for water and solution depending on the area you are cleaning. I do the small area. Only takes a few ounces. I bought three big bottles for $32 on amazon. I have only gone through maybe 1/3 of a bottle so far.

For me I am thinking this solution package will last me a long time. Maybe a year? Can’t do the math right now.

I’m really sensitive to smells and I use just a regular broom and mop (and switch out/clean the heads regularly) for my whole house. I don’t have any carpet because it was too hard to keep up with the dogs, kids and birds. My mom does have the crosswave pet pro and a mix of carpet and tile. She maintains it really well but after almost a year now it has a stale smell that comes out every time she uses it. It always makes my nose hurt and it’s what decided me on not getting one. I think it’s probably great for basic maintenance, but if you have a lot of messes to clean regularly, the scent gets built up. It doesn’t bother my mom at all and she loves it, so just something to think about.

I’m really sensitive to smells and I use just a regular broom and mop (and switch out/clean the heads regularly) for my whole house. I don’t have any carpet because it was too hard to keep up with the dogs, kids and birds. My mom does have the crosswave pet pro and a mix of carpet and tile. She maintains it really well but after almost a year now it has a stale smell that comes out every time she uses it. It always makes my nose hurt and it’s what decided me on not getting one. I think it’s probably great for basic maintenance, but if you have a lot of messes to clean regularly, the scent gets built up. It doesn’t bother my mom at all and she loves it, so just something to think about.

Have her try oxiclean! Kills scents.

Back