• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Best products for flaky, dry, and patchy coat blue dobermans?

Daisyg440088

Novitiate
Hello, I have a 3-year-old blue Doberman. His coat is dry and flaky and in some areas patchy. what can I buy and include in his daily routine to help his coat? what shampoo is recommended and how often should I bathe him? What products can protect his coat from the sun and heat. He loves being outside!

Hello, I have a 3-year-old blue Doberman. His coat is dry and flaky and in some areas patchy. what can I buy and include in his daily routine to help his coat? what shampoo is recommended and how often should I bathe him? What products can protect his coat from the sun and heat. He loves being outside!
There is a site that a blue owner who showed the dog put up called "Storm's regiment" or something like that, which has tons of info on supplements. I have a two year old and her coat isn't too bad but anecdotally, I believe two eggs a day and occasional sardines seems to help keep her coat nice. I stopped for awhile and it thinned on her loin, started the eggs again and it filled out. But check out the Storm's regiment page if you can find it. I don't have the link handy.

Also I don't ever bathe unless she was trampling through mud or something. Maybe 4 times a year. Dobes should stay pretty clean on their own and mine doesn't ever smell or anything. I'd avoid shampoo in general unless necessary.

Back