Belmont Passes the WAE.

Congratulations! Admirable! Do they still do the part where they open an umbrella at the dog? Pretty sure Oji would fail that part, but he'd light it up on the odd-acting stranger part.

Congratulations! Admirable! Do they still do the part where they open an umbrella at the dog? Pretty sure Oji would fail that part, but he'd light it up on the odd-acting stranger part.
Thanks so much! Yup! The test hasn’t changed. They can actually react to the umbrella (jump back etc) and they all do, but what they want to see out of this exercise is the dog making a close inspection of the umbrella. Also if they freak out over it they want them to recover quickly and correctly.

You never know how Oji would react. I’ve seen it go both ways where people’s dogs respond very well and other dogs that don’t want anything to do with it

I can't believe umbrellas are actually an exercise!
You'd think people would cheat and just expose their Dobe ahead of time to opening umbrellas in their face several times a day.

Now, if they have a lawn sprinkler test, Oji is not going to seem very apt for working.

We have a NEW title!!

Introducing CH Wilken’s Place Mai Bet v Kani CGC TKN WAC

Belmont brilliantly passed the WAE yesterday at the UDC Nationals in Sedalia MO under Evaluator John Schoeneman. One more step closer to his ROM. Belmont is my first homebred CH to pass the WAE and he is out of my first litter. Very proud of him!!

People were enamored with Belmont and he won the heart of all he met. We have never been at a working dog event and everyone had nice comments about him. After seeing his run, several people even suggested I IPO train him. Not something I want to do necessarily, but it was nice to hear that from the professionals and working breeders.

View attachment 83052

Crap I wish I met you at the
Nationals

Back