Age old question on homeowners insurance (but from an idiot)

We had to switch companies. I hate insurance companies, going back to the discrimination I experienced as a young, unmarried male trying to afford basic liability on a car.

If I'm fair though, my first Dobe went after children, my second Dobe would snap and go after people in the home including my wife, and my third has face-bitten me twice. :lmao: :help:

:rofl: That's hilarious. One of the labs we trained for a customer dragged my son like a horse dragging a bad guy in one of those western movies.

Like I said, we have never even experienced an issue with an insurance company because we have never had a claim other than a fender bender. All this is new to me.

Welcome from Ohio:ntmy:We have USAA, and no restrictions. Sorry to hear about restrictions and realize insurance for business can be expensive. Companies do bundle and you save by doing so, we did. Hope you can get something without restrictions. You are not idiot, I Didn't even know companies had restrictions.

I know, it's crazy. The Doberman insurance issue is just one I don't understand at all. I had no idea before they offered us this dog that insurance companies have issues with them. I grew up around 2 or 3 they were the neighborhood dogs. I looked into thinking "why are they restricted with some insurances?" They aren't even mentioned in the top bite pressure. I'm also pretty sure I saw a statistic that said most dog bites are labs. Granted, that is the most popular dog in America, so it would stand to reason statistically if there are more, there would be more bites. But, I've also heard the same about Dalmatians and Golden Retrievers.

As I said, I'm wildlife biologist and back 2 years ago we were in Section, Alabama to pick up a deer carcass a man had shot because he was acting weird (lack of fear of humans, head down and disoriented, etc) and was with a game warden from the area. We had an issue with some pit bulls there that were roaming around and they guy told us basically "hey watch out for those dogs they have bitten a few people." They didn't come at us in a way that we were jumping in the bed of the truck, they just had something about them where we were leery of how they were acting. A few days later there was a news story about Section where pit bulls killed a woman in her yard. When it was shown on the news of course I received a text from the game warden to the effect of "Did you just see that on WHNT?" Now, I'm not trying to further an opinion that pits are naturally dangerous dogs. I happen to think it is just a matter that if a pit attacks 20 people a year (made up statistic) and a golden retriever attacks 20 (also made up) the pit's attacks are just going to statistically be worse because of how the dog is built. Anyway, the story is more just anecdotal to say you never hear that from a Doberman. I just don't understand why insurance companies are the way they are about them.

@Dr.Tinley

We just changed our Insurance to State Farm. No breed restrictions! They go by bite history. Also the money we saved and then some by switching insurance we also got a 1 million $ Umbrella policy.
Wow! I wonder if that' State Farm's company-wide policy – no breed-specific policies? If so, we will have to look into it.

Back