A puppy's first show

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Seriously, how can anyone see a photo with those dogs and not be immediately drawn to the beauty of the Doberman! Such perfection!
I agree. I don't know about stacking for other breeds other than they need to probably also be stacked "squarely". Some hold their heads up and out but the head baiting for a doberman and their entire outline just screams at you. We had a lot of people come find us both days afterwards to say hi to Ripley, ask questions, ask where she's from, or talk about their Dobermans. It was great socialization for her too and it was nice to hear people's stories and see them smile because of a cute little Dobe puppy next to the two to three adult dobes.

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Actually this raises a question that came up with that puppy line up. Do any other breeds stack in the same way a Doberman does?
I think quite a few breeds stack similarly to a Doberman with some slight variations. Many hunting dogs like pointers have the tail held vertically with the back, some should be looking up at you, some should have the tail down, etc. Breeds like GSD's are definitely way different.