The reason I included “ giving you last word” was for me to amicably bow-out of a seeming to me tiring circular argument in the sense of differing opinion that led back to square one of our differing training philosophy—hence circular — I opted to retire from whipping a dead horse IYKWIM as it...
I have coupled the two quotes as they are IMO the gist of the discussion to lay-off e-collar in a young pup/untrained dog until a wanted behaviour is initially learned and then and only then should compulsion be used if compliance is not attained. Hopefully @Corky is still following input from...
Another opinion I share with @Nordika being a FYI that is very meaningful in the sense that @Corky's Miss Charlie already has some not so nice behavioural issues with the other two smaller dogs, and hence corrective stim levels to get attention if and when applied and if breaching the...
That nugget of wisdom warrants 👍👍. Hopefully others looking for off leash recall, or when in the vicinity of danger or attractive prey then an abrupt stop-in-your-tracks akin to PLATZ might benefit from employing gun dog training staple exercises in particular Lab and retriever training. For...
Appreciate the follow up and acknowledge your critique of my post. Hopefully my suggestion can be interpreted as not representative of choke in the literal sense of “ choking out” as I understand to mean — high level heavy hand correction causing loss of control of bladder and more …..and...
I appreciate your honesty in the sense that most handlers would not reveal the details that you alluded to in that it appeared inhumane — which it is as per the description. That is not being judgemental and I offer apologies if taken that way, but being merely observational based on the context...
Kevin ….the assessment of Bonnie being a “runner” at 10 months might have been premature depending on the level of pressure applied to incite —>defence —>fight or avoidance. In the absence of a foundation of prey drive developed through motivational play and a development of confidence as the...
No longer available ….runs on old windows 7 …..old school before the advent of embark DNA for breeders
https://www.americanbeagler.huntingboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=313275&sid=60b4ff137174cb32231b46449e3d9fa6#p313275
It did the following...
@Ravenbird …..I'll attempt one more pdf upload and if it doesn't open then the 4 photos with #1 being the the sire of the sire, #2 dam of the sire, #3 sire of the dam, #4 dam of the dam will provide answer to your original request….ironically Dobequest leaves too many blanks…..
BTW I appreciate...
Kevin your dialogue is in bold font ….mine is the other.
<<thanks @MikeP as usual you bring a thoughtful point of deeper meaning to consider...and I am not experienced enough in the breed to debate "how much drive, nerve, etc in show vs working lines"
But I think I get your point which is...
Looking at the original post regarding working vs. show lines spawns the content of my post. Perhaps show lines are not as complete a write off for performance and sport and perhaps even defence related venues as in protection as sometimes believed. On what grounds can I confidently state the...
@Nordika ….. I've been following your thread and consequently including a useful link to assist in determining the COI of Hunter relative to longevity in your pup. COI calculator. Perhaps better said , the COI of your pup relative to Hunter and consequently a 'look into the crystal ball' in...
@Ravenbird …..I like this thread and the visual that you attached. There is common sense truth in every facet of the included visual. Every aspiring leader and not solely restricted to the competent dog handler need only apply common sense of logic and peel back layer after layer of how to...
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.