redog's BOB

And can you do a little "education" for me - what exactly is an American Bandogge? this is the first I have heard the term - Bob is a beautiful dog and obviously a blend of several breeds?[/quote]

I still have very little knowledge so ill tell you how Kieth Campos put it to me

"its a working cross of bull breed and molosser[mastiff].
although it is most usually an apbt mastiff type cross[neo,english mastiff],it can also be a bullterrierxboeboel,american bulldogxtosa etc...
In theory, dogs like corsos and presas are bandogges that are registered with major kennel clubs,in eccence they are nothing more than bull and mastiffs bred for function in there specific country of origin."

This in no way should indicate that I approve of crossing breeds for any reason., but i got a friend in oklahoma that raises cattle. for 30 years, him and a neighbor have been carefuuly crossing these little healer/corgi things. bred maybe 4 times and produced personal working dogs only. the most amazing workers for the terrain and task Ive ever seen. I figure when 2 dogs are crossed for combining traits for workability you better put that dog to work or its gunna drive you crazy.
some may claim american bullies are bandogges because of the issue of bringing masstiff blood in to increase size but I think the original plan started with selectivly breeding amstaffs for those traits...sort of a toned down version of the pitbull

Sounds to me that you have a grip on the Bandogges. and as for the american bully....yes its a glorified mutt!! However i do like the direction to an extent. some are too extreme and cant perform any job...same thing as the Olde Bulldogs , Americans Etc...people are in if for looks now and not function!

Sounds to me that you have a grip on the Bandogges. and as for the american bully....yes its a glorified mutt!! However i do like the direction to an extent. some are too extreme and cant perform any job...same thing as the Olde Bulldogs , Americans Etc...people are in if for looks now and not function!

I really dont even understand f1 f2 and f3 is so ive got a lot to learn. Its hard to understand it enough for me to get any more technical than this haha-like dobies. weve had a few here but all I can tell you about them is they look at you either confused or proud and some need rescuing too. I have a working dog section full of great info. Its like my personal database for everything "workin dogs"! I usually dont have time to read all the forum so I use the search option for all my questions

Dude! [I know you're a girl]check the others. they're done! long story but while I was clipping his nails , he nailed me right on the eyebrow with the top of his head. knocked me out cold! I could hear but only saw bright white and couldnt move. that taught me not to climb half in his cage and do his nails. now I have 4 people help me hold him down and we all clip what can get to.

:lmao: Tina won't care lol but that is almost as good an excuse as the dog ate my homework lol the rest of us make sure our dogs nails are hidden so Tina can't see em if they aren't perfect:eekwtf:

I dont mind being judged for anything, especially when it comes to my dogs. they speak for themselves and I couldnt be happier to see them living the life that they have. they were born losers but they will die in my arms knowing and trusting that I love them.
btw! I clip a couple hundred nails a week................Tina you should come help!!!!:beer:

Back