Keep Tara in your thoughts - attacked by the neighbours dog *GRAPHIC PHOTOS*

Viemarangelrock

Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Please keep Tara in your thoughts. Both Tara AND Titan got attacked by our neighbours dog who forced the fence and savagely attacked both. Ours were both on lead, heeling beside us as we walked past their garden. We heard him bark but then next minute he’s broken through and starts attacking intTitan then into Tara then back and so on. Honestly, it was the stuff of nightmares :(
I’ll try to keep this short as I’m awaiting a call from Emergency Vets, she’s there now.
Titan has a few small, manageable wounds but unfortunately Tara has quite the wound which needs medical care. She’s currently sedated and will need more than just stitches. It needs flushing out too.

Please, hold her in your thoughts and prayers. It’s been the most awful shock on both us and the dogs :(

IMG_8936.jpegIMG_8935.jpeg

Tara is my first name! I hope she is going to be okay. Prayers inbound! What kind of dog was it?? I think about this all of the time when I get pulled around by walk Flint. I never used to carry a gun on my hip just for a walk but I do now that I have him. Too many untrustworthy dogs and bad owners in the area.

Oh, I'm so sorry you all are having to go through this! Craziness! What in the freak is with that dog that did this? Did it get out of its yard and bite on public property?

I'm glad dogs are tougher than us humans, and I bet Tara is taking it in stride.

Oh no, how scary! Prayers are sent and please keep us posted.

I never used to carry a gun on my hip just for a walk but I do now that I have him.
That isn't an option for her since she's in the UK but perhaps some mace or a break stick wouldn't be a bad idea if there are dogs like that in the neighborhood.

She’s home guys. We’ve just been to pick her up from the emergency vet clinic. She’s pretty drowsy still and a little disoriented.
It’s so late here so it’s difficult to see the area that’s been stitched. She had 2 puncture wounds :(
So moving forward she has a post surgery appointment on Tuesday with our regular vet and then in 10 days time she’ll have the stitches removed.
Gentle lead walks for now.
She’s going to be VERY sore for a while. She has medication to help with the pain.
They made it very clear to us that she is one lucky girl. If the damage was any further into her rib cage then it most probably would have been a different story.
We need to keep a really close eye on her, infection, excess swelling etc…but they are only a call away if we have any concerns.

The neighbours dog is an American Bulldog.

Hope everyone will get better ASAP.. always fear of this when I go out cause it happened to me as well more then once but lucky nothing happen beside some nasty barks and growls

I'm so sorry, that must have been scary! What is going on with dog owners these days...

Sending possitive vibes and hoping for a fast recovery x.

Oh no, poor Titan and Tara!

I hope Tara’s wound just looks worse than it really is. Keeping Tara in our thoughts.

Oh thank goodness - poor little girl! How is Titan?
He’s doing ok, thanks for asking Jan. We’ve gone over him from top to tail. Yes, he’s got some tooth grazes on him, even down his legs but he’s a very very lucky lad.
He’s not acting any differently than normal so that’s a good sign.

I'm so sorry, that must have been scary! What is going on with dog owners these days...

Sending possitive vibes and hoping for a fast recovery x.

They’ve failed that poor dog.
He’s coped up in the house whilst they work long hours. His ‘exercise’ is the garden. You NEVER see them out with him. Not a hint of training.
Dogs don’t deserve that kind of life. To think they had Loki from a puppy and they’ve destroyed him. Literally put him to death because of their sheer lack of dog ownership. He never had a chance.
He’ll most likely be put to sleep and you know what? That F%*#%$*%€ kills me. I hate this :(

They’ve failed that poor dog.
He’s coped up in the house whilst they work long hours. His ‘exercise’ is the garden. You NEVER see them out with him. Not a hint of training.
Dogs don’t deserve that kind of life. To think they had Loki from a puppy and they’ve destroyed him. Literally put him to death because of their sheer lack of dog ownership. He never had a chance.
He’ll most likely be put to sleep and you know what? That F%*#%$*%€ kills me. I hate this :(
I'm glad Tara and Titan are going to be ok. It crosses my mind that it would be good if people needed a license to own a living creature and I never do blame the dog when we are attacked. It seems to happen most when in suburban areas and I guess it is ignorance of a dogs needs that causes this. Sorry for the rant, it is my most hated and feared situation. :(:mad: Hopefully you will all get over this without any anxiety issues.

The neighbours dog is an American Bulldog.

Again with the damn bully breeds. I'm sorry for you and for Tara. My neighbor has one named Hank and I don't trust him one bit. Flint was intimidated by him at first but now he stands between us when Hank starts barking. Glad your dog is going to be alright. Definitely give her love when she is ready for it.

As mentioned above, maybe carry something for defense from now on. Whatever your laws will allow. Even a sturdy stick is better than nothing.

I'm so sorry this happened, and happy to read that it sounds like Titan and Tara will be OK. I know they're older so hoping this won't be a lasting impression mentally. As much as it hurts that the neighbor dog might be euthanized because of this "last straw" ordeal, I'm not against it. With that kind of dog aggression to blow through his fence, it would happen again and it could be the death of a smaller dog or a child. Sending healing thoughts over the seas to you & your beautiful dogs. ❤️

Again with the damn bully breeds.
It's not the bully breeds but the lack of owner responsibility. I know someone with 2 of them (a judge in fact) and they are well trained and perfectly behaved. They definitely have the power to do damage so a breeder should never let them go to anyone who can't follow up.

Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts. It’s currently 1.32am here in the UK and she’s settled on her bed still.
She’s resting but whistling through her nose, bless her heart. I’m gonna turn the light out now to see if we can both get some sleep. I’ll update tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_8944.jpeg
    IMG_8944.jpeg
    466.8 KB · Views: 3
It's not the bully breeds but the lack of owner responsibility. I know someone with 2 of them (a judge in fact) and they are well trained and perfectly behaved. They definitely have the power to do damage so a breeder should never let them go to anyone who can't follow up.
It is. Good owners have bully breds that lose their minds one day too and it happens often enough. You can't change generations of breeding for traits with love and training. Thats the equivalent of someone saying they could take a doberman and turn it into a couch potato forever with training and treats.

The doberman might chill for a bit but one day it will get the zoomies in the best case scenario. We can agree to disagree if you want though. I'd rather not hijack this thread.

Damn I hate to hear this…Tara is one of my old school favorites-followed her for years.

I sure hope she is okay.

With puncture wounds, the issue is not the surface wound but concern is more deep at the tip of the wound. They tend to abscess even if on antibiotics.

Watch the wound closely:
change in color
warm/hot to touch
any serous discharge

You just about have to scrape the scab off daily and force Vashe or Vetericyn and antibacterial ointment deep into the cavity to combat any infection impending. Painful yes but a necessity to expedite healing and prevent infection.

In humans, we keep wounds like that open on purpose so it can heal from inside to out.

Tara will most definitely be in my thought.

Back