• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Zeuss has broken his tail....maybe!

tatlim

Jr Member
My Zeuss has a floppy tail, its hanging differently....took him to the vet, he had to be muzzled and still the vet wouldnt touch it, said his tail had a kink in it, gave him some anti inflammatories and siad she will see him on monday, it could be broken, fractured or just swollen and painful.
Can broken tails heal themselves or will he need Docking, does anybody know?
Im thinking if hes got to go in to get this done he might as well get neutered while hes under anaesthetic, hes also not micro chipped as nobody can get near him, im worried they wont be able to cope with him if he does need an op...therefore im hoping it will heal itself.
Can anybody advise me plz.
xx tina:feedback:

Very sorry u did the right thing bringing him to the vet..I don't think if it's truly broken that it would heal on it's own.. However it turns out I'm sure he'll be fine .Hugs from Me and Max and Jake. Pretty clueless on tail since nobody here had one lol:blush:

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this! I can't remember for sure, but his tail is natural, right? I'm not sure about your questions on healing, but hopefully someone else can give you a better idea.

What is his problem at the vet as for why they won't touch him? Since he has to be muzzled, I'm guessing he's scared of them and acting aggressively? Normally vets are trained to be able to deal with dogs who are fearful and I would think they could work through it if they're calm and patient, but I guess I don't know the whole story either.

A friends GSD had a tail like that, the vet sent her home will pills and it came back just fine in a couple of days :) :goodluck: I hope it turns out the same for Zeuss!!

Zeuss is a cruelty case, he wont let anybody near him unless he has known them for a while, we can do anything we want to him and we trust him 100%, hes got to be the most loving boy weve ever had but he just goes mental if hes scared, hes getting a lot stronger too, i can barely hold him, he was 21 kg when we got him, fed indian takeaway scraps, hes now up to 31.2 kgs of pure muscle, hes a beautiful example of a dobe(in my opinion although i know nothing, lol), hes very slender, vet said he looks in perfect condition so im happy about that, just wish i knew how to address his agression, i would love him to be happy and secure.
xx tina.

Aww poor boy.... :( I'm so glad you were able to give him such a great forever home and I would think he'll also come around for the vet as he comes to trust more people and knows there won't be anymore bad experiences.

Poor Zeuss! The anti-inflamatories should help with any pain he's experiencing, and hopefully you will get a diagnosis on Monday. Keep us posted, and good luck :goodluck:

I don't know anything about broken tails, but I wanted to wish you luck in getting it fixed or docked. Poor boy, no idea on how it happened? Give him a hug from all of us! Please keep us updated on his progress. This may be a big learning lesson for some of us who may be in this situation one day. And Thank You for rescuing this boy and giving him a home!:ty:

I have been out this afternoon and come home to a Doberman with a tail high in the air, wagging and fully operational :scratch:
I think he must have taken a knock and it was just painful for him, doesnt look broken, will finish his meds and see how he is then.
xx tina

I have been out this afternoon and come home to a Doberman with a tail high in the air, wagging and fully operational :scratch:
I think he must have taken a knock and it was just painful for him, doesnt look broken, will finish his meds and see how he is then.
xx tina

:D:woot::dance: Great News !!!:party::thumbsup::wow:

xx tina

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the update
multistars.gif

Awww poor boy. He probably just gave it a great big knock. Please keep us updated on his progress. Maybe you could even post a picture??? ;)

Back