Westminster 2026

Not to take away this accomplishment but surely this is not the first time a Doberman wins this award??

She made history by being the 2026 winner I guess.
 
Not to take away this accomplishment but surely this is not the first time a Doberman wins this award??

She made history by being the 2026 winner I guess.
The last time a Doberman won Best in Show at Westminster was in 1989. Indy was her name and she was actually handled by the same man, Andy Linton. He is retiring from handling as he sadly has Parkinson’s Disease. IMG_8569.webp
Prior to that a Doberman has won Best in Show there in 1939,1952, and 1953. The wins in ‘52 and ‘53 were the same dog.
 
I loved the way she watched the judge's every move, so alert. You can see the exact moment she took BIS, she hits her stack and the judge's gaze lingers on her. The afghan was impressive, but Penny had presence.
 
She made history because it was the 150th Westminster! She'll FOREVER be remembered as the dog who won the 150th! Absolutely beautifully correct girl and handled and shown to her best by none other than Andy Linton. Huge congratulations to Team Penny!

 
Quite a story, dog, breeder, handler.
Nice to see something with tradition and elegance representing long discipline and performance in a dignified manner in this turbulent environment today.
I didn’t see that our pal @Ddski5 had already posted when I posted.
Such a great looking dog and as @Rits points out, she will forever be known as the winner of the 150th show👍
 
I didn’t see that our pal @Ddski5 had already posted when I posted.
I merged the posts into this thread since they were in the random photo thread and I thought we might as well keep them in one place.

The only thing that concerns me about her win is that BYBers are going to crawl out of the woodwork to try to make a quick buck with the breeds popularity soaring like that.
 
Last edited:
She's a beautiful girl! I have to say I was a bit worried because I thought her movement was not it's best. The reach was just not there. I thought oh noooo! Then I saw saw her stack and put that "extra" in there and thought I think you just saved yourself! I was so happy for Team Penny!
 

Back
Top