We have our new family member

PhilT

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
Just a news update to let you know we now have our new furry family addition, Achillies is now with use collected him today will give more information at a later date Just letting him settle in :thumbsup2:

This boy is very people oriented just wants loads off attention, has all the doberman traits likes to lean against you when standing still has to follow everywhere very nosey, super well behaved in the car, needs loads off training as that doesn't happen at the rescue centre, reacts to other dogs barks with head up and tail wagging and dancing in circles no aggression just wants to meet them in my opinion since they only get to meet other dogs in Kennel inviroment, he pulls on lead until your away from the Kennel then settles down and can enjoy a walk calmly, does get excited meeting people and has a tendency to jump up, after being in a rescue centre for over a year not surprised by any off this behaviour nothing to concern us just needs some training, he is super affectionate loves cuddles and strokes and playing, so fun things to work on.

Attachments

• 20221211_144802.jpg
    20221211_144802.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 12
  • 20221211_152219.jpg
    20221211_152219.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 12
Congratulations!!! He's a handsome boy and you and your wife deserved to have him in your life.
I hope I can stay on the doberman site,
You're always welcome here whether you have a Doberman or not. You're an important part of our community!

He looks like a happy boy! His issues seem pretty minimal and likely a result of being in the kennel as you suggested. Will be nice to see him settle in to his new home as the days go by.

We just had a visit from our son Achillies checked with us if it was OK for him to be in the house :thumbsup2: and then was very cautious until he was sure it was safe to go to him for attention, he was then very happy to receive strokes and ended up playing with his pull ring in a short period everything was fine accepted into the fold.

Congratulations to you and your wife, I think it's absolutely wonderful! Our daughter rescued a Coon Hound about a year ago and has not regretted one moment. He looks like a sweet boy!

What a handsome boy!!! How he was not scooped up before this is beyond me. But lucky you!!! :thumbsup: He certainly looks like he's comfortable with you already! Did you do much with him at the shelter before taking him home?

If I could stay on this site for so long without owning a doberman (think it was close to 13ish years) you can stay too, hah! That is cool he is a Dobe mix and he's handsome! Congratulations on your adoption ☺️ can't wait to hear all about his training progress!

What a handsome boy!!! How he was not scooped up before this is beyond me. But lucky you!!! :thumbsup: He certainly looks like he's comfortable with you already! Did you do much with him at the shelter before taking him home?
@MyBuddy it was very strange how getting him happened, i have been looking for a few months at different rescue sites and breeders sites have had contact with quite a few people about their dogs, i came upon Achillies a week before i went into hospital for my knee replacement and once i saw him and read his story my heart was taken and I knew I had to have him, they wouldn't let me see him until I was mobile enough to take him for a walk and after a very lengthy process of submitting an adoption request 40 questions a telephone interview for over an hour followed buy a home inspection i was finally allowed to meet him yesterday, they had a charity walk day happening but the minute we met him for real there was no doubt he was ours, we spent 2hrs walking him playing with him and he was such a joy we had another hour in person interview with Lyndsey the lady who runs the rescue centre and at the end said she would be very happy for us to adopt Achillies, so paper work completed all background checks had been done Achillies was ours all a bit off a whirlwind day we hadn't expected to get him there and then but wasn't going to say no, because there was an event on we had been able to talk to lots of volunteers who had interaction with Achillies over long stay and everyone was so positive it definitely made our own experience with him enhanced, so with lots of cheers congratulations and photos we left with Achillies to start a new adventure mind you a little bit in shock how it happened but also very happy 😊.

Back