Stealth BSL?

kaloric

This seems to be quite the bizarre case, apparently the Dobe running loose was okay, but the Pit Bull that was running loose with it was somehow "vicious" and so was impounded pending euthanasia. It doesn't sound like he actually bit any people or pets, just that he "looks" vicious or something?

Family fights for their pit bull facing euthanasia | 9news.com

BRIGHTON - The story of a dog in Brighton named 'Dre' has gone viral. Tens of thousands of people across the country are expressing their support for Dre and his family.
Dre has been in quarantine for more than a week and is facing possible euthanasia.
On July 26, the 6-year-old pit bull along with another other family dog, a Doberman, escaped from their home in Brighton.
Someone called animal control and 911.
The Doberman was released back to the family when the dogs were captured, but Dre was taken to the animal shelter.
The entire police report was not released to 9NEWS Monday and police wouldn't comment, citing that this incident is now an "active court case."
However, the incident report states it was a "vicious animal running at large."
Dre's owners, Mary and Rick O'Brian, say they've never had any problems - if they did, they wouldn't have their four young kids around their two dogs.
Marj Fredrick lives two doors down from the O'Briens. She says she knew they had two dogs but says there have never been any issues. She's shocked by what's going on.
"I just couldn't believe it," Fredrick said. "It's a fairly quite friendly neighborhood. I have never heard anything bad about the dogs around here."
Since the incident, more than 42,000 people have signed a petition to "Save Dre." The signatures come from all over, stretching as far the United Kingdom, Portugal, Brazil and Poland.
A Facebook page has also been created that now has more than 6,000 supporters.
The O'Brien's have since hired a lawyer and couldn't comment Monday, but Mary O'Brien sent 9NEWS the following statement:
"Dre is a wonderful dog with my children. I have [a] 2-year-old, 4-year-old and 12-year-old girls, and Dre has been a great pet to them. I just want him back with our family. My children miss him so much."
Pit bulls have been banned in several cities including Denver and Aurora. However, Brighton does not have the same policy.
Dre remains in the Adams County Animal Shelter. He's been there for almost two weeks and will remain there until Friday, August 10 when the next court date is scheduled.

(KUSA-TV © 2012 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

Back