Ripley is hired!

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Earlier this week Ripley had a "daughter goes to work day" and went with her dad to work! My husband is a foreman for the county's highway dept. and a couple of people have been begging for him to bring her in so she got to hang out in the foremen's office, attend the morning meeting with all the road crew, and join dad on checking on complaints, his route and signs.

She was a hit! She was able to roam the large garage shop where all the big trucks are parked during their meeting and went around "visiting" or what we call "drivebys" lol. Some people really wanted to interact with her but Derek told them she will come to you if she wants. Of course the ones that wanted to interact with her the most she mostly ignored 🤣 She had a few favorites and even gave them some kisses! 😚

Derek said she was very well behaved, didn't need her ecollar at all but had it on just in case she wanted to be whiney or not listen. She was offleash the entire time and he said every time they got out of the truck to head into the office she heeled beside him. So proud of her! I know she enjoyed it and I'm glad she got to make everyone's day ☺️ She must have been exhausted from the interactions and thinking because she came home and crashed on the couch like she had a long day at work 😂

signal-2023-07-18-07-29-33-758.jpgsignal-2023-07-18-11-35-08-427.jpgsignal-2023-07-18-11-28-13-195.jpgsignal-2023-07-18-10-39-12-152.jpg

Never underestimate the enrichment and fulfillment your dog gets from just going somewhere with you all day. I’m fortunate to have always taken my dogs with me to work. Just going with me all day is usually enough that they can get by without any strenuous exercise.
Think even police K9’s, the majority of days they never get out of the car. Except to chase a ball for 5 minutes and take a dump.

Back