• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Rescue Ink

I saw it, well 1/2. went to bed since it was on at 11 pm. It was Ok...I liked the old lady too. I liked when they were asking about the chickens congregating at her house. The biker was sooo exasperated & she was unfazed. LOL

Overall, yeah, the guys were intimidating to the average person...but this is what most of my friends & family look like, so that "intimidation factor" was sorta lost om me. I was irritated with the cat guy myself. He was an ass. I probably would have gotten into basically the same "conversation" with himas the one guy did.
The 75 year old dude was a trip. Scary- but not what you'd expect.

Maybe once the show matures (if it does) it will give more insight into these guys & what they're trying to do.

BTW- Someone mentioned American Chopper & the characters being more important that the business of what they're doing. i guess I don't get that because the people ARE what make the business. I'm a huge paul sr. fan though. I hated him at first, but got a huge crush on him when he & his son Pauly got in a fight & he cried.

what can I say? I'm a sucker for REAL babd boys that aren't all bad.

me too Dm, me too and i love what they do for the animals, so now i have to look that i do not miss it again, is it coming every friday now???

Yeah. it was on at 7 & 11 for us.... I thought it said 8 hough...so?? I just set the series up to record . I love having the dish.

I just Didint care for there presance/approach. while i appreciate what they do. There attitudes wouldnt get to far with me. id have been beggin that big dude to hit me. lol he probably out weighs me buy a good 100-150 pounds so i doubt id have hit him first but that guy sure would have hit all my buttons and we wouldnt have gotton anywhere.

I just Didint care for there presance/approach. while i appreciate what they do. There attitudes wouldnt get to far with me. id have been beggin that big dude to hit me. lol he probably out weighs me buy a good 100-150 pounds so i doubt id have hit him first but that guy sure would have hit all my buttons and we wouldnt have gotton anywhere.

:rofl:

i saw you VON and if you are not fast enough he would win, but hubby overweights me big time, but i can tell you if we are wrestle, i win ;)
because i can move mych faster and can get out like a snake, hehehe
don't underistemate(sp) the skinny ones :) ask TYE, HAHAHAHA

Ya, MB it is too bad. The guy was a foreigner to boot. He sounded Russian to me. That could have added to his being intimidated by the gang of big thuggish looking guys at his doorstep with a camera crew. I guess it makes drama for TV, but in the real world people like the police and real animal control officers are trained to treat people with respect, remain calm, not react to any provocation on the part of the suspect, and get the job done... And generally the public responds in kind and becomes more cooperative.
There was a little shouting match after the cat shooter refered to the guys as "rats" and one of the Ink guys got right in his face yelling and cursing.

According to my Tivo, that episode is due to be re-run 9/30 at 8:00 and 11:00 EST and 10/2 6:00 EST on Nat Geo Channel

Mom used to say, ''You get more flies with honey than vinegar''! I know that's true! I don't think those tactics work as well as the cops on Animal Planet, but how they bite their tongues and check their tears is beyond me. I know I could NEVER withstand the heartbreak and my Irish/Italian/German temper just might get the better of me with some of these abuse cases!! :mad:

... ''You get more flies with honey than vinegar''! ... my Irish/Italian/German temper just might get the better of me with some of these abuse cases!! :mad:
LOL, my Mom used to say that too. And, in a lot of cases it's true. BUT- I have that Irish/Italian temper that takes over myself. LOL (I have a butt dent in the side of my car where I got into a fight with a woman about 4 years ago over a traffic incedent. She cut my husband & daughter off on the Harley & they got shoved into the dirt on the side of the road. When I was traveling behind them in the car. I sped up & told her what I thought of her driving & that she'd just nearly wiped out my family in front of my eyes. I didn't care for the "oh well" & flip off response ....so we wound up meeting in the courthouse parking lot. Bad place for a fistfigh BTW!! The cops show up too quick. Plus, her husband AND mine were holding me back (so it's MY OWN butt dent in my car. POs me very time I see it. She mamaged to punch me in the head with her keys while the guys held me back. Tghe cops showed up just after that. I had to decide is we were BOTH going to jail for a 3 day weekend, or neither of us was. I was so pissed I almost decided yes...but I've never been arrested & didbn't care to learn about jail on a long weekend).

I giess - long story short- sometimes emotions get the best oif you, emotions go off the chart...and the original intent flies out the window!!!!!!

LOL! You are one tough cookie! Even in my younger years I wouldn't have taken on someone in a fight! I know I would lose! But then again, you had the Mommy Bear come out and for me, that might have done it! :mad:Don't mess with my child!

LOL, my Mom used to say that too. And, in a lot of cases it's true. BUT- I have that Irish/Italian temper that takes over myself. LOL (I have a butt dent in the side of my car where I got into a fight with a woman about 4 years ago over a traffic incedent. She cut my husband & daughter off on the Harley & they got shoved into the dirt on the side of the road. When I was traveling behind them in the car. I sped up & told her what I thought of her driving & that she'd just nearly wiped out my family in front of my eyes. I didn't care for the "oh well" & flip off response ....so we wound up meeting in the courthouse parking lot. Bad place for a fistfigh BTW!! The cops show up too quick. Plus, her husband AND mine were holding me back (so it's MY OWN butt dent in my car. POs me very time I see it. She mamaged to punch me in the head with her keys while the guys held me back. Tghe cops showed up just after that. I had to decide is we were BOTH going to jail for a 3 day weekend, or neither of us was. I was so pissed I almost decided yes...but I've never been arrested & didbn't care to learn about jail on a long weekend).

How funny, that would be me too, i can be very patient, but oh well when i get started you better run very fast, because if i get you, i'll finish what i started :D and there were now way that two guy's would be enough to hold me back, been there, done that, it need 6 to get me of that other person LMAO, but now i'm older ( not really wiser :p ) and try to keep my cool, most of the time, but i know for sure,when it comes to my family and pet's, oh don't mess with me, then german momma bear comes out and thats not a very pretty picture ;)<_<:nono:

After a rocky start, Rescue Ink seems to be turning into a good show afterall. I watched episode 3 today on my DVR from last night and it was very good. The guys dealt with a case much worse than the cat shooter in episode 1 and they used the police and judicial system this time rather than intimidation. They even did some private investigation type work on the case. If that sick creep lived in my neighborhood, I'd move.

I watched a couple of shows. If I knew that someone was abusing their animal, I would want these guys to come get the animal. While sugar and spice might get you more, sometimes......other times you need a more aggressive approach to deal with these bastards that abuse animals.

Yeah i agree it is improving. Dont know why but that first episide really burned my ass. I was neither for Rescue Ink or the cat killer in that case. Like i said i dont know why i wasn't more for the so called good guys but there tactics just bothered me. I suppose it reminded me of vigilanty justice as much as wed all like to take the law into our own hands from time to time, could you imagine what kind of world we would live in if everyone took this approach?

Funny you brought this thread up again because I watched it last night too and was gonna comment....I thought this one was better too! Although I was wondering if they have the law behind them or what? I mean, they just seem to go to a house, armed with a camera and several guys that I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Do they have the backing of anything legal? In last nights episode, they seemed to come across a little ....not friendlier, but not as heavy. I was getting a 'warmer' feeling towards them, feeling like now, I might LIKE to have them walk WITH me down a dark alley!!:sign0151: (I'd feel bullet proof! hehe) I stayed up til 1am watching and waiting for a final word on that little Yorkie those damn creeps took but, alas, he was never found. What a let down. And that neighbor killing the birds, squirrels etc should have HIS head stepped on! :cuss:

I do believe there a licensed organization of some type. And yeah i like the how more and more with each new episode.

lol at least there not like Dog the bounty hunter (only tough when the wife is near by) :D

then german momma bear comes out and thats not a very pretty picture ;)<_<:nono:[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!! You go Apollo!!!
(did someone say tagline!!!!!)

After a rocky start, Rescue Ink seems to be turning into a good show afterall. I watched episode 3 today on my DVR from last night and it was very good. The guys dealt with a case much worse than the cat shooter in episode 1 and they used the police and judicial system this time rather than intimidation. They even did some private investigation type work on the case. If that sick creep lived in my neighborhood, I'd move.

saw the first one, but like always missed the other two, oh goody:blink:<_<
hope i can catch the reruns
if someone knows when they bring it again,please let me know :)

Back